“Best way to start a marriage? Cruise on the Valor!”
Cruise review of Carnival Valor

meliss4503 Carnival Valor 5 Best way to start a marriage? Cruise on the Valor!
meliss4503
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Our journey on the Valor began about 10 hours after our actually wedding. We flew into Miami on Sunday morning on about 3 hours of sleep, and I was not looking forward to long lines for embarkation. We arrived to the pier at about 12:30, I was pleasantly surprised that we waited for about 30 minutes in the terminal and were in Rosie's having lunch by 1:00! Our room was ready at about 1:30 and luggage was delivered very soon after that. Then we took a nap in the super comfy bed! haha :)

Our room steward, Raj, introduced himself to us immediately. He made it a point to always address us by name and greet us with a smile. We loved talking with him and the other housekeeping staff that he was working with. They were all very friendly. And The ship itself was VERY clean. We always saw someone cleaning something every time we wandered around.

The design of the ship was a little weird, but we figured out how to get around by the 2nd day. We loved the adult only pool, not that there were many kids anyway, but it was nice to know that we could lay out and swim without kids running around all day.

My DH and I are huge sports fans, so we spent a lot of time in the Bronx Bar. They even knew us by name every time we went in there to hang out and watch the ball game. Plus the bar is really cool,even though it was a Yankee theme ;)

The food was good, it wasn't spectacular or anything, but the chocolate melting cake and tiramisu were the best desserts I have ever had! Our waiter, Albertus, was incredible. We talked with him every night and got to be very good friends with him by the end of the trip. Plus he is an excellent dancer ;) My DH loved the 24 hour pizza, he was out there every night. And I'm told by my DH that the sushi bar was incredible, but I wouldn't know because I don't eat that :)

Our second night, Albertus brought us a cake with a candle and sang "Happy Honeymoon" to us. We were so surprised at how thoughtful it was! It made us feel really special and that little gesture was really great on Carnival's part. It was a good start to our honeymoon.

Overall, we loved the Valor. I would sail on it again in a heartbeat! The staff was friendly, food was good, drinks were awesome, and the sun was hot! I think a vacation is what you make of it, and although not everything was perfect, we had the time of our lives!

The entertainment was good, the 80's show was the best one that we saw. The comics were funny and we also saw a juggler that was very talented. We didn't see every show, but we liked the ones we did get to see.

Carnival Valor Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6C2362
The cabin had a big beautiful window so we could see the ocean and all the ports. The location was right by the elevators which was both good and bad; good because it was so close and bad because I heard "ding" all night long.
Published 06/10/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Valor Review
Carnival Valor Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?