Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Shotgunron: WATCH OUT!!! The wait staff will run you over.

Shotgunron
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Bahamas Cruises

WATCH OUT!!! The wait staff will run you over.

Sail Date: May 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

OK, the price was right for a nice little getaway. But my biggest complaint from the time we boarded until our departure is that the Glory is just not clean. As a matter of fact, it was DIRTY!

When we checked into our cabin, which by the way was one level below a suite, I noticed the toilet had mildew stains in it and brown specs on the lid. When I pointed it out to our cabin steward, he tried to scrape off the specs USING HIS FINGERNAIL! Lord only knows what he touched after that. He finally replaced the toilet seat and a simple brushing got rid of the mildew.

We always ate breakfast on the Lido deck at the Red Sail Restaurant buffet. Every morning, there was a stack of dirty dishes that people put aside because they had food stuck to them. We complained every morning but things never got any better. One morning we ordered cereal from room service. We had to eat it out of the box because both bowls were dirty. And they wonder why people get sick while cruising. More

And Lord have Mercy, DO NOT get in the way of the wait staff. They will knock you down rather than yield to you. The attitude through the entire ship was just not up to par with what you would expect on a cruise ship. Our hostess at dinner was rude beyond belief. We did not eat in the dining room the first evening. When we went the second night, I gave her our table number and she said "same place you ate last night". I don't think she will ever say that to anyone again.

OK, enough complaining. I guess I have been spoiled by the higher end cruise lines. Now I'm believing it is truly worth the difference in price. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory

Nothing to write home about so, nothing.

Very crowded, very congested but Charleston is new to the cruise line business and a new terminal is in the planning stages. Come back in a year or two.

Kinda dirty but true, laid back island adventure. Cheap to drink if you find the right spot.

Read 775 Freeport Reviews

Been several times. Nice, comfortable and lots to do.

Read 2625 Nassau Reviews