Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by beachgram: return to cruising after 5 years

beachgram
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Serenade of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

return to cruising after 5 years

Sail Date: May 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

We left from San Juan on May 30 2010. It was our first time on Royal Caribbean. We have cruised 5 times in the past, but stopped as we wanted to travel to different destinations. I was somewhat anxious as I had read the cruise lines had cut back on food quality and entertainment. However, I was very happy with the quality of the food and the service.

We had a balcony room for the first time and that was wonderful. We used it frequently for quite times. Again, the service and food was great. Our waiter was very attentive and he even gave us a joke a night. His name is Freddie and the ass. waiter was Carlos, both were excellent. The entertainment was fair to good, depending on the night, but was not bad. The ports were fine.

We booked 2 excursions from the ship and two when we got off. We were happy with all excursions, most included snorkeling one was also snoobing which is an easier type of scuba. The guides there were very supportive and encouraging, as I am not a More water baby type. Royal Caribbean Line was not a disappointment. Actually, I give them A plus, and I will consider booking with them on another cruise vacation. Less

Read more Serenade of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Serenade of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Serenade of the Seas 7152

cabin 7152. Small but adequate size. the balcony was slightly larger, which was nice. clean and comfortable bed. I did notice that the drapes needed cleaning.

snorkeling from a large sailing vessel. Booked from the ship. Included lunch and an open bar.

Read 684 Aruba Reviews

went of caves. Booked form land. enjoyed trip. Island people very friendly and helpful.

Read 502 Curacao Reviews

went to beach by local taxi driver. He remained with us for 3 hours. the water was clear for snorkeling but there were locals there who sang and tried to sell jewelry. They were somewhat annoying but the island is poor.

Read 491 Dominica Reviews

booked snooba trip from boat. We went to a beach on the other side of the island. The guides were wonderful and helpful, as I was new to this sport. Very nice experience.

Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews