Carnival Valor Cruise Review by phillyron: You Get What You Pay For!

phillyron
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

You Get What You Pay For!

Sail Date: May 2010

My wife and I being seasoned cruisers on many cruise lines decided to try Carnival again after 15 years. Our flight from Atlanta to Miami was on time and without a hitch. After searching for a Carnival representative in the airport for 20 minutes, we were lead to a bus (pre-paid) where our luggage was loaded on and we took a 20 minute trip to the Port Of Miami where our embarkation was a one and a half hour disaster. Heard through the grapevine that the US Coast Guard had a surprise ship inspection which stall all movement.

Once aboard, we went to our inside stateroom and our luggage arrived in about 2 hours. There was sufficient cabinet and drawer space. The sample bathroom amenities ran out in 3 day days and they were never replenished. The food was not bad considering the number of passengers. There were only 2 types of bread available for all meals in the dining rooms and on the Lido deck. I had prime rib and on another night I had leg of lamb, both which were not the More easiest to slice. The entertainment in the main show room left something to be desired though. Every other song featured the male and female lead singers which got to be boring for both me and my wife. Something has to be done with the cigarette/cigar smoke coming from the casino and Winstons Club. I quit smoking 5 years ago after smoking for 47 years and when I had no choice but to pass by those 2 areas, It was really uncomfortable. The on board staff was very pleasant as well as the wait staff.

Overall I rate the entire cruise including the ports of call a B. In 6 months we will pay a little more for another cruise from one of your competitors to see what I get for my dollar. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Interior Empress

Best guided tour we ever had. 2 hour tour for two adults ($50.00). Tour guide Richard was an expert on his country and very professional.

We had been here before. Just walked around the pier area.

Read 3123 Cozumel Reviews

we had been here before so we just took the tender ride, walked around the pier area and went back to the ship.

We took a tour of the city and a beach which was at a private resort. Our tour bus guide didn't have a mike and only made comments when asked by the passengers.Not too exciting.

Read 1651 Roatan Reviews