Carnival Valor Cruise Review by phillyron

Carnival Valor
Member Name: phillyron
Cruise Date: May 2010
Cabin Category: 4F

You Get What You Pay For!
My wife and I being seasoned cruisers on many cruise lines decided to try Carnival again after 15 years. Our flight from Atlanta to Miami was on time and without a hitch. After searching for a Carnival representative in the airport for 20 minutes, we were lead to a bus (pre-paid) where our luggage was loaded on and we took a 20 minute trip to the Port Of Miami where our embarkation was a one and a half hour disaster. Heard through the grapevine that the US Coast Guard had a surprise ship inspection which stall all movement.

Once aboard, we went to our inside stateroom and our luggage arrived in about 2 hours. There was sufficient cabinet and drawer space. The sample bathroom amenities ran out in 3 day days and they were never replenished. The food was not bad considering the number of passengers. There were only 2 types of bread available for all meals in the dining rooms and on the Lido deck. I had prime rib and on another night I had leg of lamb, both which were not the easiest to slice. The entertainment in the main show room left something to be desired though. Every other song featured the male and female lead singers which got to be boring for both me and my wife. Something has to be done with the cigarette/cigar smoke coming from the casino and Winstons Club. I quit smoking 5 years ago after smoking for 47 years and when I had no choice but to pass by those 2 areas, It was really uncomfortable. The on board staff was very pleasant as well as the wait staff.

Overall I rate the entire cruise including the ports of call a B. In 6 months we will pay a little more for another cruise from one of your competitors to see what I get for my dollar.

Publication Date: 06/09/10