Costa Concordia, A Look Back Cruise Review by AmelieMai

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Costa Concordia, A Look Back Cruise Review by AmelieMai
Costa Concordia, A Look Back
Costa Concordia, A Look Back
Member Name: AmelieMai
Cruise Date: May 2010
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: Costa Concordia, A Look Back Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Costa Concordia, A Look Back Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Beware non-Italians not just Americans and Canadians
Hi there, I was assured by my local travel agent that because costa concordia have single cabins, they cater for people travelling on their own, this is so far from the truth. If you are travelling on your own, you will be treated as a nuisance, put siting with couples, probably non-English speaking, not allowed to keep seats for others you meet along the way.

I was constantly asked why did I not bring a friend and made feel that I was fairly stupid for travelling on my own, with costa, I found out that this was the truth. I spoke to the 'cruise director' who told me that he would meet me the next day and organise for others travelling on their own to meet (he told me that there was a French lady who was in the same situation), although he knew I was very upset he did not bother to meet me the next day, the customer service desk rang him, the phone was switched off, they refused to put a call out (I dont remember his name but he was half Italian and half English). I was quite upset as my holiday was being wasted and the English speaking rep, her name was Katie I believe refused to come and speak to me or be of any service. For the rest of the cruise the Director or the rep did not approach me. Surely the agent for Costa Cruises should not be encouraging people to travel on their own when they do not cater for people doing so.

Fortunately, I met some lovely people after that whom I spent time with and they really made the cruise for me. They were all english speaking (none american by the way) and a lovely French lady who was travelling with her mother. We were really surprised by how rude the Italians were, they would knock past you in the corrider and not even say 'excuse me', I know that they even did this to elderly people, Costa Concordia is a really bad ambassador for Italians, it has really put me off going to visit Italy. There were so many obese young Italians on board, I have travelling quite a bit but never seen the like of it before, it really changed my mind about Italians but not in a positive way.

The cabin girl was really lovely, her name was Theresa and she was a pet. It was very upsetting to hear had badly the staff were treated and paid and how hard they worked.

Anyhow, I was very fortunate to meet lovely people on my trip so the second half of my holiday was very good but no thanks to Costa Concordia. Never again!

Publication Date: 06/09/10
More Costa Concordia, A Look Back Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Costa Concordia, A Look Back review Read the next Costa Concordia, A Look Back review

More Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews