Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Polck1784: Honeymoon Cruise

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Honeymoon Cruise

Sail Date: April 2010

My wife and I (newlyweds)went on a cruise for the first time. We did not know what to expect at all, but I have to tell you we were both impressed. By mid week we were already wanting to book another cruise for the following year.

The ship was very fun, in fact pretty much more fun that the ports of call. There was always a number of employees cleaning the ship to maintain its cleanliness through the entire trip. Our rooms keeper or whatever you call them would fix up our room atleast twice a day, which caught us by surprise. Everyday we would come back to the room with a new towel animal on our bed, the animal would also have props, used by some of our belongings just sitting out, like a pen or sunglasses.

There was plenty of activities for everyone everyday. Food was great, although we only went to 2 scheduled dinners. We took advantage of the 24 hr stations through the whole trip. We stayed in a blacony room, which was plenty big. Dont let people tell you its tiny. More I went into a cabin with some people we met on the ship and it was a little smaller, but I got to tell ou the balcony is really worth it.

All I have to say is, after this cruise, I am definitely a future cruiser. Now I was hoping for more of a crowd around me and wifes age, but it seemed to be a huge mix. The only thing I would of liked to see, would have been a bigger pool... or at least a pool for adults only, the kids pretty much hogged it all day. The cruise director was really awesome, made me feel like I was on the Titanic or something. He had this British accent, which at first I thought was always a recording when he was on the boat speakers. We did get the soda card, which im not sure was worth it. If you drink a lot of soda it should pay itself. I know I mixed alot of drinks so it came in handy. Hope this helps someone. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Verandah 8349

We had a balcony with a personal safe. Very nice, clean and roomy. I will always go with atleast a balcony. We were just about 20-25 feet from the elevator, making it very convenient. From the balcony you could see everything, we were also pretty much in the center of the boat. Only problem with our room was that the balcony light did not work. No big deal though, would have never used it.

Belize City was not really enjoyable. Not much to do at all. We went snorkeling near the reef, but with a private excursion picked up when we docked. Horrible, do not go to the private island with snorkeling. You will hate the island very much. Food was terrible, boats nearly broke down, and a little boombox at full blast was just horrible.

We had a good time on the Amazing Cozumel Race. Its similar to the Amazing Race, just not really any physical tasks. Its a lot of running around. Cozumel was just OK, not spectacular.

Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

#2 on my list. The water and beach was spectacular here. Wish it was our first or second stop, by the time we got here we were exhausted. This is why we just hung out at the beach and drank some beers relaxing.

(5.5)
Best port on the trip. If you have a balcony, you will wake up to an awesome view. I wont go into much details but we went to some park which included, clear kayaking and snorkeling. Awesome!!!!! The staff for this excursion was very great and would reccomend it to anyone. This is the one port that felt like a tropical paradise. Do the excursion if your stopping here. Clear Kayak and snorkeling. When your done with that, take the monkey tour, which is free at the same park.

Read 1646 Roatan Reviews