Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by travelbug15

Carnival Freedom
Member Name: travelbug15
Cruise Date: May 2010
Cabin Category: OS
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+

Loved the Freedom!
Hello fellow CC members!

We arrived from Boston the day before and spent the night at the Embassy Suites on 17th street. We booked it with Carnival as a pre-cruise package. The rate was better than booking direct. Nice place to start our vacation. it has a tropical atmosphere. We never left the hotel. It has everything there. Loved it!!!

This past cruise brought me to Platinum status. I loved all of the perks for this cruise. I traveled with my " little sister " from the big/ brother-big/ sister program. We have been together for 18 years.

Everything about this trip was excellent. The food, the itinerary and fellow guests. We had a few days of rain but it did not spoil anything we did.

We started off the week with anytime dining. I felt that the waitress was very rushed and had to do everything herself. I did not like the feel of the service. We learned that we would probably be seated at a table for 2 for the week. We prefer to sit other people and enjoy dinner conversation. The second night they seated us at 6pm with 2 other couples that were much older than us. The third night was the charm! I met a young couple from the CC roll call that invited us to join them They had 2 seats left at a table for 8. What a blast we had with them. Our waiter was TK from Turkey. He was awesome!! I think the food was the best we have ever had on a cruise. Everything was hot and cooked to perfection. The filet mignon was so tender and medium rare. Have the ribs! They were great!!!

Our cabin was on deck 7. I splurged for a suite and it did not disappoint! Our cabins steward was Dennis and he did a great job. Thanks for all of the ice Dennis!!!

It was quite apparent that some people on the ship were sick. They made an announcement about washing your hands and that the Norovirus was " in the area ". It was ON the ship! From day 4 on they served all of the food at the buffets. No more helping yourself which is fine with me! They were cleaning like crazy. Staff was all around the ship with Clorox buckets. I read on CC that the people coming boarding the ship after us were delayed for extra cleaning. Thankfully we came home healthy. Good job Carnival!!

Ports:

San Juan--We got off the ship after eating dinner around 7:30pm. Another girl came with us so we were 3 woman walking around alone. We were approached for money and we felt extremely uncomfortable walking round the area. WE got back on the ship after a stop at CVS.

St Thomas--We did a private Discover Scuba with Coki Beach Dive Club. It was great. Peter is the owner and it was one of the highlights of our trip. I want to get certified and dive on future cruises!

Antigua-Again--another private excursion. We went with Paddles for a kayak, hike and snorkel tour. It was outstanding! The owner, Conrad, lead our group and gave us an informative tour of the area and the mangroves. He spoke about the need to care for the area and get involved in ecology. Global warming is real. It is killing the reefs. Sad but true. Book with Paddles--you will enjoy it!!!

Tortola---Private excursion with Patouche. We did a half day sailing to the Virgin Gorda Baths. It rained the entire day but was still had a great time. I highly recommend this tour. The Baths are really beautiful!!

Nassau--We were delayed getting off the ship. I heard that Nassau did not want us there due to the illness on board. That is just a rumor, but I can't imagine why we were 2 hours late getting off the ship. They had to cancel many of the tours and they tried to make up for it by allowing us to stay off until 8pm instead of 7pm. We took a cab for $4.00 PP one way to Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island. It was a

beautiful sunny day. It was great there!! We shared the cost of an umbrella with a nice couple and enjoyed the day swimming and sunbathing.

To sum up our cruise in one word---FANTASTIC!! Great food, great ports and a wonderful staff. I would not hesitate to repeat this trip in the future!!! If you are going on the Freedom you will have a wonderful time!!

Publication Date: 06/05/10