Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by cruisecrazyk

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by cruisecrazyk
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: cruisecrazyk
Cruise Date: May 2010
Embarkation: Norfolk
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Beautiful weather in Bermuda!
Weather was perfect and Bermuda was beautiful. Rode the ferries and buses to get around. The ferries were quick but the buses were slow. If you want to see all the sites, then a taxi tour maybe the best bet. We went to the Crystal caves, Horseshoe beach, Hamilton and the Royal Dockyards shops and maritime museum. We never made it to St. Georges but we had been there before. The staff on the boat were wonderful and the dining in the My Fair Lady dining room was very good. The buffet was OK..nothing to get excited about. I was in an inside room that looked very worn and obviously did not get any updates in the recent dry dock. It had enough storage but was basically a place to sleep and shower only. You did not want to hang out there it was so small.This room was on the 7th deck and was shaped horizontally(felt cramped) and was next to a crew exit where they brought up luggage and was a little noisy at times. If you have this room, bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper. The bed was hard and not as comfortable as I would like. I wanted to save money this cruise but it definitely was smaller than I thought it would be! Luckily this was a 5 day only. Everything needed updating including the bed, chair and TV from 1990. The public rooms were nice though and the chairs in all those areas are comfortable. This is one of the oldest boats RCL has so my guess is she maybe retired in the near future. Who knows. It is obvious they are putting their money in the newer boats and the latest built ones. The shows in the theater were very good and we went to all but one comedian show. The captain and staff were wonderful and very personable and made the cruise. Great service!! This was a good cruise and fun. I would have liked another day in Bermuda but overall I cannot complain. Best weather ever and a great time of year to go!

I do believe the cost was high for the cruise overall for 5 days. I do not know if some of that was due to port fees or not. I have found cruises for 7 days with NCL cheaper then this 5 day one. We chose this one to avoid flying and it was convenient for us to drive. The price for the room I was in was definitely too much that is for sure. The spa and fitness area was very nice and they had a great waiting area where you looked out aft to the ocean in a padded lounge chair and filled out your forms. That was nice and comfortable. Lots of seating on the decks but go to the Solarium early if you want a seat in the all adults retreat. They had a fun party at 11pm on the deck in Bermuda overnight and that was fun with lots of food and ice sculptures. Remember the old midnight buffet? It was like that but on the main pool deck. We were walking through the casino to check it out and a lady was screaming and she had one $38,000 on a slot machine. Incredible! I have never seen that happen on any cruise I have been on. We did not gamble but the casino had a lot of machines if that is your interest.The piano man in the Schooner Bar could play well but singing was not his thing if you know what I mean. They had a good rock band playing in the Spotlight Lounge every night so look for them.

Publication Date: 06/05/10
Read the Bermuda ports review by cruisecrazyk
More Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews