Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Sea Born: Just an OK cruise!

Sea Born
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Just an OK cruise!

Sail Date: May 2010
Embarkation: New Orleans

We (my daughter and I) started our cruise by spending 2 nights in New Orleans so that she could do some sightseeing. We stayed at the Holiday Inn-Superdome and received free parking for the entire cruise which was great!

We had no problems during embarkation, actually took about an hour, as we arrived at the port a little early, but was on board before noon. We were supposed to sail at 4 pm, but it was delayed until 9 pm due to the oil spill. We were told that they needed to navigate around it during "daylight" hours, which was fine, except for the fact that of course the casino or shops was not open until apprx. 9:30, not to mention that the pools were not filled either. Therefore, there wasn't much to do until about 10 pm that night. One complaint that we had was that they did not do the safety drill until 10:30 am the next morning! This was not a good choice, as most people were at the pool and it took a lot longer for everyone to show up!

The ship was nice and More clean. The staff was very friendly, but we only seen our room steward maybe 3 times during the whole cruise. This really not being a problem, as he did do his job and our cabin was always cleaned. I have to admit that there didn't seem to be as many activities during sea days as on our previous cruises.

Our ports of call were Progreso, which we were not fond of, and Cozumel, which we LOVED. This was our first time staying on the Lido deck and absolutely loved it! Disembarkation went ok, we were off the ship by about 8:15, which wasn't too bad.

Overall, I will have to admit that this wasn't one of my favorite cruises but we still had fun. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Balcony Panorama

We had balcony cabin #9288 and it was fantastic. We were actually 3 cabins down from the outside Lido area and never did really hear any noise at all, which really kind of surprised us.One small complaint was that the light out on the balcony did not work. Would definitely book this same cabin again.

(5.5)
This my 3rd time to Cozumel and my daughter first time and we loved it! We took a taxi to Paradise Beach and it was awesome, had a wonderful time. The have lounge chairs, umbrellas, restaurant and bar. We did not eat anything there, but I did have a few drinks which were really good. We then returned to the port area to do some shopping and ate lunch at Pancho's Backyard, which we would highly suggest, as it was VERY good food.

Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

Can't really give to much of a review of Progreso, as we just did some shopping and walking around right in the area where the shuttle drops you off. We weren't too impressed with this part and just decided to return to the ship and relax for the rest of the day.

Read 283 Progreso Reviews