Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by MsSadie

Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

First-Time Cruisers Hooked on FOS!
We flew in to MCO on Friday morning, rented a car from Budget and drove to Port Canaveral. We stayed at the Radisson Resort, which was very nice! Saturday morning, DH returned our rental car to Budget, which is less than ¼ mile from the hotel. We had made reservations to take the hotel shuttle to the port months ago.

We ate dinner at Grills and soaked up the pre-cruise excitement as we watched another ship sale out on Saturday. On Sunday, we left for the port a little after 11 am via the shuttle. Everything flowed seamlessly and we were on the FOS by 1150. The ship was breathtakingly beautiful; I pinched myself to make sure I really was experiencing it. Once onboard we headed for the Windjammers for lunch. I'd read a few reviews about the Honey Stung Chicken so I had to try it out, and it was very good!

We got in our room about 1:30pm. We had a balcony room, from which we enjoyed some beautiful sunsets. Our stateroom attendant Leonardo was very kind, thought and helpful. He always seemed to be anticipating our needs. We enjoyed coming back to our room every night to find out what animal awaited us.

Everything about our stay aboard the Freedom was perfect. The food was great, the service was great, and the dEcor was great! Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the gym; there were plenty of machines to help work off all the extra calories. The steam room and sauna were really nice too. The Cruise Director Alan Brooks was absolutely hilarious! The shows were fantastic and very entertaining!

We enjoyed each of the ports of call. We snorkeled in Coco Cay, visited Magens Bay in St. Thomas where the water was so clear I could see my feet. In St Maarten we did the Zip line Excursion. It was a little scary at first and very physically demanding. There are 32 zip lines and obstacle courses on this adventure, we were tired and dripping sweat by the end but we loved it! We also had enough time in port to do some shopping downtown and had a nice lunch at the Barefoot Restaurant, where we enjoyed grilled Conch and the House Special...Ooohhh...Soooooo...Nice!!!

DH and I are already looking at dates so we can book another cruise for next May and I can't wait!

Publication Date: 06/03/10