Carnival Valor Cruise Review by misohaute: LINES, LINES, LINES

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

LINES, LINES, LINES

Sail Date: May 2010

We sailed on Valor 05/23-30 and have been on RCCL and Princess previously.

The good:

1. The buffet and dining room food were great, and so was the steakhouse. 2. We had a balcony on the Empress deck, nice and quiet. Our room attendant was very nice and did a great job. Room was a little dated, but still nice. 3. Embarkation/Disembarkation were a breeze, waited no longer than an hour. 4. Hardly any kids on board, counted the same 3 kids the whole trip. 5. Really liked our Maitre D and Assistant Server. 6. Tables were bussed quickly on Lido deck (Rosie's) 7. Entertainment was great, loved the comedians! 8. Ship was very smooth, hardly felt a thing.

The bad:

1. Our shower was clogged the first 2 days 2. Lines for everything- I mean everything! 3. Deck chairs were always reserved 4. Carnival changed the itinerary for Honduras to 11-6pm, my itinerary said 12-7pm. Had to rebook my excursion, got a lame apology and Carnival really doesn't care unless More you are booked on their excursions. 5. They try and sell you on everything 6. Very crowded ship. Been on 2 other cruises that were at full capacity (3,300 people) and never had this problem. 7. Picture guys are annoying 8. Bought a coffee mug at Taza cafe and the lettering smudged as soon as I filled it. 9. Fish and Chips hours were hit and miss, line was terribly long

All in all, I might give Carnival another chance if I can find a ship that doesn't have so many lines and doesn't seem so crowded. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>