Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by engineer24

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by engineer24
Rhapsody of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Member Name: engineer24
Cruise Date: May 2010
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Rhapsody not exactly a fine tune this time.
Before i start let me tell you we took the very same cruise last year in August and did a review then. This time we took our son and granddaughter who had never been on a cruise before and may never go again on one.

Coming into Seattle we took the shuttle express to downtown and that was our first problem. It took well over an hour to get our ride and we were the last to be dropped off at our hotel. We did have a nice stay at the Spring Hill Suites and saw many of the attractions Seattle has to offer.

The next morning we took a shuttle to the pier for 7.00 per person that was arranged by the hotel. After arriving at the pier it was a real hassle to get a porter to take our luggage. When they finally took our luggage it was off to the registration desk which really became a hassle. I have never experienced the incompetence at a cruise check in as i did here.It was not just with me but my son as well. I had to explain that this really isn't the norm. We then went to board the ship were the problems became worse. The two machines that take your sea pass and picture were not working and a long line formed. When we finally did board we got our first observation of foreigners being rude by shoving,pushing and jumping lines. Hopeing that these problems were behind us they continued. Our luggage arrived late and it was a real rush to get changed before early seating. Then it was observed the beds were together and i had told them apart at booking and it is in my preferences as well. The stateroom attendants were very good and took care of the problem.

Dining in the main dining room was made special by Noel our waiter,Daniela our assistant waiter and Nikki our head waiter who by the way was the best we have ever seen. the food was as good as last years and for the most part very good.

Entertainment was good featuring twins Matthew and Gunner Nelson, the sons of Ricky Nelson.At the end of their show they were kind enough to let us get a picture of them with our son and granddaughter. Tony Tillman who has an act in Vegas did a great Sammy Davis tribute. We had a good magician and comedian as well.

We had a problem with tickets for an excursion that i had not purchased but were in my name being delivered to my sons room. When i took them up to the pursers desk to get an explanation i was met by a very rude young lady who lacked knowledge and people skills. Several subsequent visits to the desk was met by more of the same, lack of knowledge and persons lacking people skills and line jumping by rude foreigners.

One morning while waiting for the buffet to open about 25 people pushed to the front and ran for the buffet when the door opened. They looked as if they were in a marathon. They did not sanitize their hands. Of course when i came into the buffet i was told to sanitize my hands.I felt i was on the orient Express from Berlin to the far east and not on a cruise ship. This type of behavior was on the excursion bus,elevators and all lines.I was raised to have manners and respect for others

After dealing with this for 7 days my son said he will never go on a ship again even though i said this is not the norm. My wife and i will cruise again but will probably try another line first. By the way I don't blame RCCL for the rude passengers on board but do with the employees at the pursers desk.

Publication Date: 06/02/10