Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Travel Time

Member Name: Travel Time
Cruise Date: May 2010
Cabin Category: 8C

Fabulous Time on the Carnival Liberty
We had waited many days for our cruise to begin and we were not disappointed. Embarkation was very easy. For those who had completed the Carnival Funpass there was a new self serve kiosk for us to use. Help was at hand. Carnival had it all under control, walking many guests through the process. We arrived before 1:00pm so the cabins were not ready not a problem as it gave us time to look around and grab a bite to eat. Our cabin was ready by 1;30 pm. The room was well appointed, nice size, with a great balcony. Between decks so there really was no noise from above or below.

The ship is beautiful. Well appointed, staff were fabulous, and Butch did an amazing job. I found the decor of the ship to be in the carnival style but not overly gaudy as some had indicated. We were on the "White" team and I am pleased to announce we came from behind to win the colour competition. There were lots of activities throughout the day and evening. The dance classes were lots of fun even for someone with 2 left feet. The entertainment was very good. The dancers put on great shows and the comedian and hypnotist were very enjoyable.

The public areas were well maintained. I wish there was a way for Carnival to improve ventilation in area's where smoking is allowed, as the smell just flows from areas of smoking into non-smoking area's, especially around the casino.

The food was fabulous each night and our wait staff, Jose, Teresa and Reuban were wonderful. Great table mates as well. Lots of opportunities for photo's. It is a great opportunity to try different backgrounds as you try for that great picture to remember your cruise by.

I only booked one excursion. That was at the end of the cruise. We did the Southbeach Tour with drop-off at Ft. Lauderdale airport. I did have concerns that we would not make it to the airport to catch our flight. I had been told we would be there before 2pm, which would have been great. Instead we made it there for 3:00pm, fortunately we made it through check-in to security with 10 minutes to spare for boarding. What I had not been told was that there were others on our tour who were going to other venues and then were being dropped off at Miami airport before we headed off to Ft. Lauderdale. I was not too pleased at the time, as I had made a number of inquiries before doing the excursion.

Overall this was a great cruise for the money spent, and I will travel on the Liberty again should the opportunity arise.

Publication Date: 06/02/10