Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Travel Time: Fabulous Time on the Carnival Liberty

Travel Time
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Fabulous Time on the Carnival Liberty

Sail Date: May 2010

We had waited many days for our cruise to begin and we were not disappointed. Embarkation was very easy. For those who had completed the Carnival Funpass there was a new self serve kiosk for us to use. Help was at hand. Carnival had it all under control, walking many guests through the process. We arrived before 1:00pm so the cabins were not ready not a problem as it gave us time to look around and grab a bite to eat. Our cabin was ready by 1;30 pm. The room was well appointed, nice size, with a great balcony. Between decks so there really was no noise from above or below.

The ship is beautiful. Well appointed, staff were fabulous, and Butch did an amazing job. I found the decor of the ship to be in the carnival style but not overly gaudy as some had indicated. We were on the "White" team and I am pleased to announce we came from behind to win the colour competition. There were lots of activities throughout the day and evening. The dance classes were lots of fun even for More someone with 2 left feet. The entertainment was very good. The dancers put on great shows and the comedian and hypnotist were very enjoyable.

The public areas were well maintained. I wish there was a way for Carnival to improve ventilation in area's where smoking is allowed, as the smell just flows from areas of smoking into non-smoking area's, especially around the casino.

The food was fabulous each night and our wait staff, Jose, Teresa and Reuban were wonderful. Great table mates as well. Lots of opportunities for photo's. It is a great opportunity to try different backgrounds as you try for that great picture to remember your cruise by.

I only booked one excursion. That was at the end of the cruise. We did the Southbeach Tour with drop-off at Ft. Lauderdale airport. I did have concerns that we would not make it to the airport to catch our flight. I had been told we would be there before 2pm, which would have been great. Instead we made it there for 3:00pm, fortunately we made it through check-in to security with 10 minutes to spare for boarding. What I had not been told was that there were others on our tour who were going to other venues and then were being dropped off at Miami airport before we headed off to Ft. Lauderdale. I was not too pleased at the time, as I had made a number of inquiries before doing the excursion.

Overall this was a great cruise for the money spent, and I will travel on the Liberty again should the opportunity arise. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Empress 7351

Cabin 7351 - Quiet location, fairly close to mid-ship. Nice balcony.

We had a warm rain on this day. I did not care for this island, not much to go other then shop and go into the carnival "Margaritaville". It may have been the weather that has clouded my view, so take this part of review with a grain of salt.

Love San Juan more and more each time I go. This was the first time I had a day to walk about the town. We decided to do a Segway tour, this is not affiliated with Carnival. We have done tours through Carnival before on San Juan, and we decided to do this on our own. It was lots of fun. Managed to do lots of Shopping, and mailed some post cards. If you have never been here before you should go and see the forts. They are something to see. This port has lots of charm, with the cobblestone streets, and the relaxed atmosphere.

Read 1361 San Juan Reviews

At beautiful as this island is it is not my favourite port. Too commercial. We walked into town and had a look around. The walk is about 25 minutes from port to the main shopping area. There are lots of taxi's around for you to take back and forth. The skyride is something to do. Next time I will do an excursion to St. John's. We spent a relaxing day by the pool on this day.

Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews