Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by scallygal

Cruise Date: April 2010
Embarkation: Boston
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: IE
See More About: Norwegian Spirit Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

BEST vacation of my life.
My friend and I went on the NCL Spirit from Boston to Bermuda. She is 45, I am 52. Since neither of us had ever cruised, and husbands were unable to take time off, we decided to give it a try. I did a lot of research online, what to pack, what not to. (A HIGHLITER PEN is a must), and flashlight, alarm clock, for inside rooms.

Inside Cabin 6th deck.. pretty easy to get to elevators, but (stairs helped us keep the weight gain down). With inside cabins it's always dark, so need a lighted clock, or flashlight and watch, or you'll sleep late in the morning. Bathroom, closet,entrance way, a little tight.. but comfortable for 2 people. I think more than that would be a little cramped. Hallway was quiet through entire cruise.

There were so many fun things to do during the day ON the ship, besides the usual day entertainment around the pool area. At night, the shows were fantastic, then dancing til 2am was a blast. We met many fantastic people that we were happy to party with. The fact that we had THE BEST room stewards, and THE MOST FANTASTIC Cruise Director (PAUL) that anyone could ask for was a plus. Staff members were ALL courteous, friendly, and fun. The food was great, and we loved the "eat anytime, anywhere, anything" way of cruising. We each brought 3 fancy dresses.. didn't wear any of them. Shorts, capri's, sundresses.. that's the way to go at night, and swimwear, and a coverup takes you through the whole day.

Bermuda was naturally beautiful, and added the other 25% of excitement to the trip. IF you are limited to excursions, look into Helmet Diving, and take a bus, ferry to the rest of the island beaches, capital etc. My friend and I have agreed this is the BEST VACATION either of us have ever had, and are planning to go again next year on NCL Dawn, since Spirit is being moved. I sure hope they move the Boston crew from the Spirit over to the DAWN!.

Publication Date: 06/02/10