“Birthday Present for Sharon”
Cruise review of Ruby Princess

BonanzaPilot Ruby Princess 5 Birthday Present for Sharon
BonanzaPilot
Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We boarded about 30 minutes before the deadline. By the time we checked in and arrived at our room, our luggage was waiting for me, UNBELIEVABLE. Our room was as described in the literature and was ready for us. Our room steward was outstanding. he ensured our needs were taken care of with a smile. He helped make our cruise enjoyable.

Our first night dinning in Botticelli was a big disappointment. We were literally the first ones seated and just about the last to be served. Our wait staff service was atrocious. It took so long to be served our meal, we missed the first nights entertainment. The next day I stopped and spoke with the maitre d and asked for another table and waiter. He told me it would be done when I came in for dinner. The maitre d placed us at a table with very nice people and a great wait staff. We made some lasting friends and will plan to cruise with them again.

The entertainment in the evenings was very good, and some of the evening entertainers also performed in the Piazza during the late afternoon before the dinner hour. All in all, the entertainment was good with the exception of the Comedian/magician. We saw him in the lounge and found him not very entertaining. On the nights we did not go to the shows, we watched movies under the stars which we enjoyed very much. The deck crew provided blankets for those people who were cold, and they served cookies and milk and popcorn.

The Ship was very clean and well maintained. We found our room very quiet and comfortable. As this was our first cruise, it was enjoyable. The only disappointment, was I expected to see great seafood buffets and I did not. Other than that, our cruise was very enjoyable and we will do it again.

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

BAL243
Our room had a great balcony. It was covered so we were able to sit and read without the sun glaring off the white pages and blinding us. Our room was very comfortable, however it could have been a little larger and have two decent chairs for two adults to sit and chat. I was surprised how quiet our room was. It could be that the passengers on our deck were quiet and realized people may be relaxing in their room. There was no noise from any of the bars, and entertainment areas of the dhip.
Published 06/01/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Ruby Princess Review
Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?