Carnival Elation Cruise Review by LaJollaCruiser: Excellent Cruise from Coast to Coast

LaJollaCruiser
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Excellent Cruise from Coast to Coast

Sail Date: April 2010
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Embarkation: San Diego

This was my 23rd cruise, my 13th with Carnival, and my second cruise through the Canal. I've cruised on Elation three previous times, once in 1998 when she was brand new and twice more in the last year. Elation is one of my favorite ships: the decor is fun, the layout of the ship is very easy to navigate, and the crew is superb.

I was in a 1A cabin on Riviera deck and it was perfect. New carpeting complimented the standard Fantasy-class color scheme.

Your Time dining works extremely well aboard Elation. Monika, the Imagination dining room hostess is superb and makes sure your table is just what you want. I only had to wait a couple of times in two weeks for seating; usually seating was instant.

The cabin steward, Romeo, was also superb. He kept everything spotless and kept the wash-and-fold laundry coming and going on schedule.

Those who wanted non-stop activity may have been disappointed on this sailing as there seemed to be a dirth of More scheduled fun, but then, this was a long cruise with an older clientele and the frat-party atmosphere one finds on three- and four-day Carnival itineraries would have been out of place on this very tranquil, slow-paced cruise. Comedians and magicians flew on and off during the course of the two weeks so there were plenty of new entertainers in the evening.

The ports-of-call were the usual Canal-itinerary ones and did not disappoint.

One thing I personally missed was any sort of on-board lecturer: it might have been nice to have had lectures about the Canal and about the historically significant ports we visited, at least on this particular sailing.

All in all, Carnival did a wonderful job with this sailing, and if it were possible to repeat it, I definitely would. Elation is an excellent ship and the crew is a happy one. Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Elation Upper/Lower Empress R50

This cabin is next to the forward elevator bank and is very convenient to the atrium. It is plenty big enough and for one or two people, was perfect. I didn't notice any noise at all from the elevator lobby, and because the corridor is a middle one, there is very little foot traffic past the door.