Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by FMcruiser

Member Name: FMcruiser
Cruise Date: May 2010
Cabin Category: D5

The MIGHTY
My husband and I both flew in on Delta from NYC on May 15th. Plane landed at FLL at 10:00am, got luggage and took a taxi to the pier. It was my 7th cruise and my husband's 3rd.

EMBARKATION: Took 5 mi. to check in, terminal is humungus. Got Sea Pass and waited till about 11:15 to board.

WOW!WOW!WOW!: The Promenade (deck 5) was amazing! As we walked in all we do is say " This is incredible!

First thing we did was to explore the different venues that I read about. We checked out every floor and took pictures of everything. We went to try out one of those delicious " Roast Beef " sandwiches everyone has been raving about. They were right, they are delicious.....

CABIN Cat D5: At 1:00 we were allowed to go to our cabin. It was really nice. The bed was by the balcony. Plenty of space to store all the stuff we had in our luggage which by the way was delivered by 1:45. Met our room steward, DEXTER and introduced ourselves. He turned out to be the best, very attentive, courteous who always remembered our first names.

SPA : Had the Ladies Night Special, and I must say it was a waste of money. I was more tense after I came out then when I went in....

DINING : We chose MTD and had made reservations on line for all 7 nights. Never had to wait for a table. We met 2 wonderful people Mom & Daughter at our Meet & Mingle group and decided to eat together every night. We always sat at a table for 6 so that we had more room. Our waitress RACHELLE was simply the BEST!!! We had a great time every night at dinner. The food was pretty good and so were the desserts. Only did the Windjammer maybe once for lunch and once for breakfast.(NOT IMPRESSED) Had room service for breakfast (GREAT) Johnny R. for breakfast (VERY SLOW SERVICE), Main Dining room breakfast (SO, SO) lunch ( GOOD) SPECIALTY DINING: : Only went to GIOVANNI's for lunch and all I can say is that it was the best Italian food next to my cooking!

SHOWS : Oasis of the Seas was great, Hairspray was OK, the Comedy show was funny, the headliner started out boring and ended with a BANG! The Quest was hilarious. The 70's party was a riot....

PORTS : LABADEE was really nice, it felt like an amusement park. COSTA MAYA, it was raining so hard, we did not get off the ship. COZUMEL, we took a tour of the city & shopping.

DISIMBARKATION: Very easy, by 8:30 we were already picking up our rental car.

A member of our Cruise Critic, Meet & Mingle group, organized through RCCL, a SLOT TOURNAMENT which turned out to be so much fun! Mary, you are the best!! Oh yea, I almost forgot, we definitely made our contribution to the "CASINO ROYAL"

We had a great time on our OASIS CRUISE. I am so glad I got to share the experience with my husband. There was so much to do, explore and enjoy. I honestly don't think we covered everything, but we definitely did the best we could, after all it was only 7 DAYS..... which flew by so quickly...........

Publication Date: 05/31/10