Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by jabberman_76366: An old man's review of the Conquest

jabberman_76366
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Eastern Caribbean Cruises

An old man's review of the Conquest

Sail Date: May 2010
Embarkation: Galveston

This was our 4 cruise on the Conquest. We decided to give the eastern route a try. I am 61 and my bw is 60. We drove to Galveston the night before our cruise.We had made online reservations for the Comfort Inn. It is the one between Wal-Mart and Golden Corral. Nice clean rooms and is very quiet. We went to Wal-Mart for the usual pre cruise we forgot stuff. We ate at Shrimp and Stuff @ Ave 0 and 36th street.Good fresh seafood at reasonable prices

Sunday morning: got up and ate the free breakfast and then out to see if the ship was in.We got back to the motel and finished packing. Then on to Easy Cruise. Dropped the car off and then on to the( what I call a three ring circus to get on the ship) terminal. We got there right at 10:30. Get this we go through screening, wait in line for 15 min or so to get our sail and sign cards and then proceed directly on to the ship!Blew my mind! By 11:15 we were sitting on the lido deck eating lunch! We did the usual wait for the rooms to be More ready. Sailed out on time, really liked the new safety briefing, lot easier.

Monday and Tuesday: mostly just goofed off. We did go to some of the shows, however that topic brings up a gripe. After having been on the ship 4 times, looks like they would change the shows! Other then that gripe, who cares we are on vacation.

Wednesday: Nassau: first port - See and Sea tour. Got off and went to look around. Took a short horse and carriage ride around the down town area. We met our guides and go on a bus ride around the down town areas. Interesting tour. Then on to the bay to catch the ship to take us out to the semi submersible ship. Took us to three coral reefs, very neat tour.Only gripe I had was the ship was small and was not for claustrophobic people, my wife and I had no problems but others did.

Thursaday: Freeport: dolphin encounter. By far the neatest thing I have ever got to. Met the tour guide at the dock. Boarded a bus for the 30 min ride to the UNNESCO dock. Boarded a tender to rake 2o min boat ride to the dolphin area. Got off, was met by great trainers. They were very good at answering questions. We went to the holding area and met the dolphins. There were 20 of us in our group. I never felt hurried by the staff. Really enjoyed this encounter.

Friday: Key West: Hemmingway house walk/jog! Key West is really neat. This is where my biggest gripe is. We were met at the port by Greg, the tour guide. There were 30 in the our group and 30 in the second group. We take off walking and Greg speeds up, wanting to get in front of the second group. I had no problem with that, what I did have a problem with was the the continual speed he maintained. We had some people almost left behind. Up on arriving at the house,I told Greg that we were not going on with the tour, He got defensive with me and said I would have to talk to Carnivall about a refund. I told him I was going to talk to the excursion desk once we were back on board. We did the house and then got on the trolley. Had a blast with the driver.Just messed arounfd till time to get back on.

Saturday: where did the time go day! Did the usual stuff. We usually do laundry towards the end of the cruise, did that.

Sunday: We were called to get off at 9:20 or so. We were through customs and back at Easy cruise by 9:50!

How would I rate this cruise: excellent, good food and we had a great time! We plan on going on this cruise again next year. We will be going on this cruise again next year. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Interior Empress 7398

Our cabin was excellent, no noise and I had no gripes about it

Freeport is a working sea port! To see the island you need to either take a tour or go to the other parts of the island by taxi or bus. There are vendors in port with drinks etc. Very reasonable prices. We did the dolphin encounter. Very well organized, excellent staff and really a lot of fun!

Read 771 Freeport Reviews

Really neat place to hang out. You cannot see all there is to see in one short day. We ate at the The Blue Fish -Red Fish. Excellent sea food with good prices. The main gripe I had with the tour guide was in that he thought that he was in a race to get to the Hemmingway house asap!' Warning: Key West was very humid, enen in May drink plenty of water!

Read 729 Key West Reviews

The port had 6 ships in port on the day we were there. Very crowded. The people were great, not pushy.However be warned we took a horse carriage ride around the down town area.We paid $40.00 and could have bargained down some! I did like the fact that they have a bus to take cruisers back to the ship from the entry point.. We did the See and Sea tour. We did a ride through the down town areas, then to the harbour to transfer to a tender to take us to the semi submersible. We got aboard and went to three coral reefs. It was ok. However the boat was dirty and the windows needed to be cleaned, both out side and inside. Another problem was the ship was small.

Read 2605 Nassau Reviews