“Navigating To A Great Cruise On our New Favorite Cruise Line”
Cruise review of Sun Princess

mambotaino Sun Princess 5 Navigating To A Great Cruise On our New Favorite Cruise Line
mambotaino
Member Since 2009
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was our first time on a Royal Caribbean ship and I must say that after cruising with Carnival primarily I am hooked on Royal Caribbean. The ship was beautiful! We will be cruising with them again.

Embarkation was quick and everyone was very friendly including the passengers.While we were at port my son needed to use the rest room and we were at one of the upper decks when we walked into the restroom there were large plate glass windows with a stunning view of the Miami sky line. It just shows how Royal Caribbean pays attention to even the smallest detail.I found it very unusual and it actually made me smile.

The promenade deck looked like a museum of modern art. My wife won $426 playing bingo she had a great time. The moment we mentioned Adventure ocean, our 7 year old son was ready to go. He loved it. The staff was very caring and kept him entertained. We would drop in to see how he was doing and it was as if we weren't even there. He was so entertained. It was great.

The food was really good, we booked at the Portofino Restaurant and the food was excellent. The ice skating show was different for us, we liked it a lot. Cafe Promenade had really strong coffee at no charge. Which we drank often. We didn't want to sleep. We had a room with a balcony and we made good use of it.

We had a lot of fun on our day at sea. We played mini golf,full court Basketball and arcade games for hours.We ate ice cream until our belly's hurt.The beds were comfortable and clean. Our room steward was friendly and very professional.

Debarkation was quick and smooth. We were off the ship and in our car in 15 minutes. We are looking forward to our next cruise with Royal Caribbean.

Sun Princess Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

8536
Cabin was great. Plenty of space and very comfortable. My son loved all the goodies in the fridge. We loved it.

Port
When we stopped at Cozumel we went shopping and bought some really unique things to bring back home. Of course, cant go home without a sumbrero. My wife had her hair braided and we really enjoyed our time there.

Read 4,590 Cozumel Reviews
Published 05/28/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Sun Princess Review
Sun Princess Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?