Carnival Valor Cruise Review by DavidInPalmetto

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Valor Cruise Review by DavidInPalmetto
Carnival Valor
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Great Cruise In The West Caribbean
This was a great cruise. Overall I would rate it at 4.95 out of 5 but it was only a few minor items that had me take it down the scale just a little. I'll get to that at the end. I'll rate the weather as great even though Carnival has nothing to do with that. :-) I understand that this time of the year has thunderstorms and we were fortunate that we didn't have any heavy rains during the peak times. I think that it may have rained hard a few times during the late night but I was snoozing. I can't compare with other cruise lines but Carnival is consistantly clean and the service was great. If I needed anything I just asked and received it right away. Examples: We didn't have beach towels or ice in our room on the first day. Within minutes of asking they were in our room. At dinner, on the first night they forgot to get my coffee with my dessert. I let my waiter Manuel know and every night after that I was the first to get coffee and a big smile.

Our room was very comfortable and the bed was fabulous. Again, very, very clean. I always appreciate the way the Carnival staff learns our habits and has our room cleaned and ready everytime we left in the morning and when we went to dinner in the evening.

The food at dinner service was great. The buffets were just what I expected. Not great, just good. It's a buffet after all. :-)

The embarkation process at all the ports was quick and efficient and we never had a problem. We didn't do any Carnival excursions. Not because we didn't like them. We just had other plans.

Mahogany Bay at Isla Roatan was very nice. A good place to go and it's free. Nice clean beach with plenty of room. Crowded at first but thinned out as the heat and sun got to most. I just walked back to the ship, ate lunch, then returned to the ship at the end of the alloted time. Captain gave us an extra hour. :-)

The only negatives were getting on the ship at Miami and a small group of partiers. The ship was delayed in the morning so all of the cruisers ready to board had to wait and it became very hot and crowded in the port waiting area and the workers there to greet the passengers were not very organized. Maybe the delay just threw off their timing. I don't know. The other negative was the small group that I mentioned before. Now I was young one time so I tried to be patient and tolerant of them but they became loud and often danced very provactivly (simulating sex with small children around in the family pool area) despite being asked to stop several times. I don't want to sound like a prude and maybe I do to some but I saw and overheard a lot of passengers that agreed with me.

I would highly recommend this cruise to anyone that asks me. My only experience is with Carnival and until they give me reason not to I will continue to use them for the cruises ahead.

Publication Date: 05/26/10