Carnival Dream Cruise Review by ads8qd

Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Better than a Dream
The cruise was great, we ranges in age from 25-75 (youngest sister to grandparents), we are all seasoned travelers. For some it was a first, others the first in a while, for my wife it was her third (with one being last year) and second for myself (also one last year). As a group we have traveled to six continents (sorry Antarctica we will see you sometime). the food was amazing and we are very picky. Our servers Ika and Edy we amazing, they memorized our drink orders, names, and preferences from the first to last meal. From the second day wherever on the ship they saw us, they knew all eight of our names, not a small task.

Second I want to dispel some rumors: - From the behind the scenes tour and the captains mouth the ship does use stabilizers, the Western route has high winds and rough seas, and when the waves are head on the stabilizers on any ship do not help, they only help with roll, that being said I thought it was smoother than my other cruises - The smell does exist, but it is only on Lido and does not take your breath away. It should not ruin a normal person's experience. Cozumel - we did the underwater scooter and loved it. We ate at a lovely restaurant La Choza, just off the strip. It was a gorgeous restaurant, a US 3-4 star place. Was cleaner than most in the US and had delicious high-end authentic cuisine. My parents and sisters did the Adventure tower and zip line and loved it as well. My grandparents enjoyed shopping and tequila factory tour. Roatan - My wife and did the shipwreck snorkel, it was the best snorkeling we have ever done anywhere, including Hawaii. The fish were amazing, the reef was beautiful and the guide really was terrific. After the snorkeling, we got to interact with monkeys. My father enjoyed a scuba tour and my mom and sisters liked their snorkeling. Now let me say something about Belize and Roatan, they are not dangerous, yes they are poor and, like anywhere have their bad people, but they are part of the majority world (yes you rednecks on the cruise it is used to be called the third world but that is demeaning and you would know that if you ever left the South or Confederacy). Over 2/3 of the world lives in these conditions with unrealizable electricity, some without running water, that is why they pester you to go in their shops. You get back aboard America, they get to go home and hope the water runs, the generators still powers and their child does not have a disease for which they cannot afford the cure. So get off your high horse you pejorative jerks who do not understand that reality. Belize - We all went cave tubing (sans grandparents) I will disagree with the other review that I have seen; only three of the excursions were cancelled because of weather. It stopped raining part way through the day and cave tubing was a blast. See above about those who complain Belize is dirty. Our guide was amazing and the people are excited to show off what truly is a beautiful country. Costa Maya - leave the port, I know there are pools, but the beaches here are a postcard. The water breaks on the reef about 250 yards offshore, so the blue Caribbean is like glass. You can see the imported America another time, go see why this a beautiful stop. We did the beach kayak; Roger was the best tour guide we had at any of the stops. If you would like to give America a bad name by getting drunk and being a jerk, by all means stay at the port and the pools, but if you are that person (probably not from the South) then go enjoy this beautiful port.

My only complaint was the some of the Southerners on the cruise. While I was born in the South, and respect that culture, a good number of the Southerners on the ship (65% of our cruise from from the South) were the type that give the South a bad name. I am not offended by those who want to have fun, we had a blast, and I am offended by those who cannot understand how fortunate they are and put down people and places that are lucky to not have been born in. Again, we get to go on the ship and gorge, they have to go back home and scrape by, and I bet most of those people are happier than those on the ship. The certainly would not let a bad smell on one deck for a short period ruin their vacation.

Publication Date: 05/25/10