Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by katieralph: On Atlantic firsttimers

On Atlantic firsttimers

Sail Date: May 2010
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Boston

Months ago I asked a question on cruise critic about getting to the pier from Logan Airport in Boston. Most felt taking a cab would be best. Well, we did the bus, $2 each and it was a snap. Remember we are 65 with 2 big suitcases, but the bus drivers were helpful and we reached the pier in less than 30 minutes. SL1 from airport to Silver Line Way, off the bus, only one step down with suitcase. Elevator up and over to SL2 which takes you to Design Center stop next, and I mean next, to the NCL Spirit.

When we returned, we walked our suitcases off at 8:30, took the bus to the airport, checked in our luggage, and took off to Quincy Market for 4 hours. Again, there was a free shuttle bus to the blue train station where we got on the inbound line. Two stops later we were down at the market. Total cost was $8. Great fun and great food.

Now for the cruise; just the highlights. We had a cheap inside room, but the stewards did a fine job. No tub of goodies in the bathroom as More Carnival does. Carnival seemed to be a dirty word with this Norweigan crowd who were definitely more subdued than the California wild bunch; remember we are 65 and not dead yet. No excursions from NCL. We bought the bus and ferry pass which was great. The best thing we did was Captain Tony's glass bottom boat trip that I found on Tripadvisor. Enjoyed the Frog and Iron Pub at the dockyard; happy hour from 2 to 4 with cheap drinks and good music.

Dining room food was good. Ate at the Italian restaurant one night and loved the prawns and risotto. My husband died when he saw the Goldfish machine in the casino which I love. When I won a $230 jackpot on 50 cents, I cashed out and used the money to pay our tips. Great fun.

Hope to sail out of Boston again to see the fall colors. It was a good trip to Bermuda and the NCL Spirit was adequate. Just go and have fun. Goethe said, "There is nothing better than this day." And we use every day that we have. Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>