Carnival Victory Cruise Review by rsaban: Victory in my books May16-23 2010

Victory in my books May16-23 2010

Sail Date: May 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

My wife and I arrived in San Juan the day before. We stayed at the Conrad Conando Plaza and Casino. I give this hotel a B. Very nice hotel, pools, jacuzzis, and swim bar was pretty cool. The view was nice, overlooked the ocean and lagoon. The beach on the lagoon.. really wasnt that great.. but it worked. That evening, went into Old San Juan, checked out the shops and ate at the Barrichina with other cruise critic members (38 at the table!) Food was so so, but not to shabby. Service was pretty remarkable considering how many people we had. The flamingo show was pretty interesting. AFter dinner, back to the hotel and crashed.

Sun Embarkation- It was a breeze. We were on the ship at 1pm! Had lunch on the lido deck and just relaxed by the pool and jacuzzi. It was a good thing we had our swimsuits on!! Drank a few DOD's and by 230, actually had our lugguge at the stateroom!! Later, we eventually had dinner, drinks, drinks, then muster. After muster, was the sailaway party. More

The ship, services, food, entertainment etc.. were the same for us on a prior w.caribbean cruise last year on the Carnival Valor.. it was laid of the same just different decor. The shows.. the same as last year... so.. really didnt phase me.. The cruise director, Brad, was decent. I heard horror stories of the previous director Karl.. Brad is younger kid, good sense of humor etc..

Sun- Debarkation-- it was smooth. If going to the airport to fly out, go to USDA first then ticketing. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Interior Upper 6296

Wed- Barbados- half of the day we were on Brandons beach (reminded me of 7 mile beach on Grand Caymen) by the port and the other half we did the Tiami Catamoran/Turtle/Beach excursion thru Carnival... The trip to the turtles was nice, the turtle area was pretty cool.. about 3 turtles..(to many people though).. but it was still worth it. After that, rum rum rum rum punch... we went to a beach (resort where Tiger Woods got married), did an hour there.. rum rum rum rum rum punch.. and some how.. rum rum rum rum.. then after, got back on board (somehow) and the trip back.. well... be prepared... rum rum rum rum.. then we got back to port and good thing the bus ride was short and dropped you off right at the ship!

Read 704 Barbados Reviews

Tue- Dominica - River Tubbing/Falls (book through carnival). Dominica is a beautiful island with lots of veggitation and banana/sugarcane plantations. The ride to the rivertubbing was about an hour and 20 min.. but the scenery and tour guide was very good. The tubbing was lazy and moderate and some parts heavy.. so be prepared to possibly fall out of your tube.. (I did!).. after the tubing, we went to jaco falls (simpily amazing!). I did rain here and there.. but we didnt care.

Read 491 Dominica Reviews

Fri- St Kitts- Frigate Bay-Beach Extrganza through Carnvial.. very nice.Interesting ride there. Beautiful scenery and overlook of the Atlantic and Caribbean Sea. The beach was nice.. even though you get chairs if booked through carnival.. I recommend to just go there.. and go to the other side of the rocks where its is literally secluded!! trust me! Not so much snorkeling... very little coral.

Thur St Lucia- my wife and I shared a taxi to Reduit Beach .. very nice beach.. but kinda wished wished we just went to Pigeon Island (you can see it).. there were way to many socisitors there and didnt understand "no"... That day was really hot and the sun was frying me.. so we ended that day kinda short.. Not so much snorkeling and coral

Sat- St Maarten- we just went to Great Bay.. take the water taxi (4 bucks)Nice beach, bars etc.. Water was nice and I got cooked!! haha

Mon St Thomas- Took a cab to Sapphire Beach, I think it was $10 there and back. Beach was amazing!! Resturaunt service was greet, chairs were 7 a pop. Decent snorkeling. Ducks and Iguanas roaming as well. I highly recommend this beach!

Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews