Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by fedexpackage: Sapphire Princess Beautiful Ship Less than Average Sevice

fedexpackage
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Sapphire Princess British Columbia Cruises

Sapphire Princess Beautiful Ship Less than Average Sevice

Sail Date: May 2010
Destination: British Columbia
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I was really looking forward to this cruise, since we have travelled to all of our ports and could really relax. This was our 16th Princess cruise and 19th overall. The ship is beautiful and well maintained. The carpet looked new and the furniture was in great condition. The Sapphire will be dry docked in September to add Movie Under the Stars and the Piazza in the Atrium as well as the Sanctuary up front. The ship was great, the ports were great, so what made me give this cruise only 3 stars THE SERVICE. The room steward was great, we even over tipped him. The waiter and assistant waiter for table 54 early seating were probably the most average we have had on any cruise. They did as little as possible. No interaction what so ever. They never learned our names, asked how our day went or even remembered what we wanted to drink. The front desk was even worse. Ask them a question and they never seemed to have an answer and said they would need to get back to you. Only if they did, I More found myself having to follow up instead.

This was my first cruise as an Elite member, so I decided to let them do my cleaning. Wrong I had one pink sweater turn blue and a marking number stain a white blouse. From now on I will wash my own clothes. I also made an inquiry at the Shore Excursion Desk about what was allowed on the Boeing Factory Tour with an answer he would get back to me and never did. The Entertainment was somewhat boring. The singers and dancers were quite good, but I had seen these shows at least 3 times. It seems that Princess has the same entertainment on all of its cruise ships. Kudos to Royal Caribbean that has different entertainment on each ship. Less

Read more Sapphire Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Sapphire Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Sapphire Princess d523

We had a Mini suite D523 in the middle of the ship. The room is comfortable. We really enjoy the couch. There is plenty of storage space and the bathroom with bathtub is fine. It can get a bit tight if two people are in the room at the same time. The balcony was nice and large enough for us to have dinner on the balcony.

One always has a great time in San Francisco. It is a true experience to travel under the Golden Gate Bridge and see the city in front of you. We walked allot, had Sundays in Ghirardelli Square, rode the cable car it's entire route, ate Clam chowder in a bread bowl on Fisherman's Wharf, and got truly soaked in a downpour in 57 degree weather. After returning back on board ship there was a rainbow that truly went from one side of the ship to the other.

Seattle was quite beautiful and finally we had some sun with warm temperatures around 78. We took the Boeing Factory and Museum tour and walked Pikes Market Place. The Boeing factory is very large with the largest building in the world.You see several 737's 757's 777's and 787's lined up in a row in different phases of building. This building is so large that all of Disneyland can be placed inside and there is still 13 acres left over. Quite fascinating.

Read 101 Seattle Reviews

This is a great port and really deserves some extra time if at all possible. We have stayed here in the past. It is a beautiful clean city. Gas Town is fun to walk around and the Hop On Hop Off Bus is a great way to see the entire city including Stanley Park, Granville Market Place on the water, and China Town. Also a must see is Grouse Mountain and the Capilano Suspension Bridge.

Victoria is always beautiful. The weather was sunny and around 73. We visited Butchart Gardens and walked the downtown area before walking back to the ship. The Gardens are always beautiful and always seem to have something new to see. They have added a carousel and the spring flowers were just beautiful.

Read 553 Victoria Reviews