Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Tankgirl: 1st Cruise - Loved Every Minute of it!

Tankgirl
Member Since 2010

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Eastern Caribbean Cruises

1st Cruise - Loved Every Minute of it!

Sail Date: May 2010

I sailed on the Carnival Freedom - and the crew totally made my husband and I's first cruise a blast. I found the crew to be very energetic and helpful, even on my first night when I got pretty tipsy and almost fell on three waiter's at the Chic dining room. The best place for drinks and the best bartender hands down was Branco from the bar Noveau, he was very funny and energetic.

The set up of Carnival Freedom was somewhat confusing, and everytime you would get off the elevator you would see a lot of people looking around looking just as confused as you were.

The food I though was pretty good espcially in the Chic dining room, the lunch at the buffet was always really good as well, I really liked how every lunch they would have a different themed lunch like (Southwestern, American, etc), and may different options. I wasn't however very impressed by breakfast, the breakfast always tasted stale, or old to me, and the eggs were not real eggs. But overall good food. More

The activities they had were good, the only thing I would change is they should be a little more modern, or maybe more geared to a younger crowd. In some of the quizzes they had the questions were pretty old, like old movies from the 50's and 60's. Even when we went to the Karaoke bar, most of the songs were from the 50's and 60's I knew very little of the song selection's, and maybe do something other than bingo, maybe do like Let's make a deal, or Who wants to be a ship millionaire. Just a little bit of updating and tweaking would be good.

Overall activities we never good bored with though, so that is a good thing!

The ports we visted were Key West:

We ended up doing the Key West snorkeling cruise: The guys on there were so much fun and good looking, I definately recommend this activity. We seen alot of cool ocean life out there, baracuda's, stingray's, crabs, lobster's, alot of tropical fish, it was alot of fun.

Cayman Islands:

Wasn't bad, but not what I quite expected, we visted the tour to Hell, and Rum Factory, and 7-mile beach, Dolphin cove, but our driver totally by-passed turtle farm, which was on the ticket to go to. But we only spent 10-15 minutes at each place, so we felt very rushed.

Jamaica:

Here we did the Dunn River Falls, I highly recommend this, it was great, the jamaican's were very energetic and fun tour guides, and fun to talk to, at times though they get very pushy with wanting you to buy things. The falls were absolutely beautiful and not a bad price to get in, it was about a ten dollar cab ride to get there, and 15 dollar ticket to get in. But well worth it, again if you have never been to jamaica, keep your wallet in your pocket. I would definately go back to this port again though. I also liked that there was a beach right by the port, within a minute walking distance. We stopped at the Ochos Rios port.

We can't wait to go on another cruise hopefully soon.

Thanks!! Less