Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by getty50

Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Sky Is The Limit!!!
We embarked on this 3 day Bahamian cruise on May 14, 2010 with no great expectations. I have sailed on just about every cruise line and didn't know what to expect with Norwegian. Let me say for my first time on Norwegian and a lot of other ships to compare with including the Oasis, I found this cruise line very exceptional. The SKY was as clean as the newer ships and you wouldn't know the age of the ship by the inside. The embarkation was painless with the staff waiting to help. Be very cautious, the cruise line has started to seize just about every liquor bottle that people try to smuggle on including the checked luggage. Get creative is my only advice. When we first went on the rooms weren't ready, but Norwegian Staff was active and ready to sell just about everything, which was actually helpful. This is a short cruise so it's nice to have everything laid out to book or purchase. The "all you can drink" Coke card was only $7 per day which isn't bad and you get a souvenir cup. When we were able to get into the rooms, they were a very clean including the bathrooms. The thing I absolutely loved about this ship was the "Freestyle" attitude amongst the staff including the dining room attendants. I went to dinner the first night in the restaurant in board shorts and a t-shirt with my flip flops still on. I wish more cruise ships would follow the care-free attitude. The last thing I want to do is dress up every night on my vacation. The room attendants, bar staff, and casino host were all a very friendly which made this a fun experience. DJ J-something was absolutely the mix-master playing everything from the 80's, 90's, and present.

I had absolutely NO complaints on this cruise and would recommend it to anyone looking for a short getaway. Keep this in mind, this isn't the new WOW ships, but those ships don't run the 3 day cruises. If you are looking for a quick getaway at a GREAT price, then Norwegian serves up the best cruise vacation in my opinion.

Great Stirrup Cay is under construction, but the staff keeps everything flowing smoothly and everything is available to use. For those of you travelling, they said the new jet ski marina would be open by this weekend so go have fun.

A MUST DO is Cagney's Steakhouse on the ship. This is a $25 charge, but it is all you can eat and the eating is phenomenal!!!! I would definitely recommend that you make reservations quickly as this is the only restaurant that sells out every night.

Disembarkation was a little crowded, but it did go quickly. If you are going to walk off like just about everyone else, I would wait until about 8am as the line was almost gone by then. Take money for parking as it is $20 per day to park. I am already looking at booking another Norwegian cruise and can't wait to get on the next one. A cruise is what YOU make of it!! I had one of the best times on the SKY and would sail her again if I could. Thanks SH, it was a BLAST!!!

Publication Date: 05/22/10