Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by chachi: Amazing weekend on the Imagination!

chachi
Member Since 2002
1,938 Posts

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Imagination Bahamas Cruises

Amazing weekend on the Imagination!

Sail Date: May 2010
Destination: Bahamas

I flew into Fort Lauderdale the night before my cruise because it is much cheaper than Miami. We stayed at the Comfort Inn, it was nothing fancy, but clean. I stayed at this hotel because I was able to get a room rate which included a shuttle to the port of Miami. There were 2 of us, and Comfort Inn picked us up from the airport, provided breakfast in the morning, and then drove us to the port of Miami. I would definately stay there again. They had two choices for shuttles, 9 or 12. We chose 12. There were only four of us in the van. I went on a themed cruise to Half Moon Cay, so I will be unable to review entertainment, because it was different from the normal entertainment.

Getting on and off the ship was very easy. We got their early, so we had to wait for our zone to be called, but it wasn't bad. Getting off of the ship was easy. We booked an excursion and was led of the ship. There was no line at customs and luggage came out quick. I have been on this ship before, and I More like it. The decor is a little bright, but not distracting. The service was outstanding. There were over 2000 women on the cruise (most late 20s and early 30s). There was a lot of drinking, but the bar staff was on top of it. I never had to wait too long. One night was open bar for a half hour. The Carnival waiters were everywhere. I must have turned down at least 20 drinks. It started to get annoying. Our cruise went to Half Moon Cay which was absolutely gorgeous. The tendering process was not fun. I had tender ticket 2. I was told to meet at 9:30 yet we didn't leave until after 10:30. I loved everything about this cruise! Everyone was very friendly. The ship is in good condition. There were always people cleaning the ship. Less

Read more Carnival Imagination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Imagination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Imagination Interior Riviera R103

(5.5)
I selected Nassau because Half Moon Cay was not a choice. I did not go to Nassau on this trip we had a special itinerary to Half Moon Cay. Half Moon Cay was amazing! The water was so calm and beautiful. There was a nice bbq lunch provided by Carnival. There were plenty of lounge chairs. There were some for $17 that had shade over them. You could also purchase a cabana.

Read 2645 Nassau Reviews