“Amazing weekend on the Imagination!”
Cruise review of Carnival Imagination

chachi Carnival Imagination 5 Amazing weekend on the Imagination!
chachi
Member Since 2002
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I flew into Fort Lauderdale the night before my cruise because it is much cheaper than Miami. We stayed at the Comfort Inn, it was nothing fancy, but clean. I stayed at this hotel because I was able to get a room rate which included a shuttle to the port of Miami. There were 2 of us, and Comfort Inn picked us up from the airport, provided breakfast in the morning, and then drove us to the port of Miami. I would definately stay there again. They had two choices for shuttles, 9 or 12. We chose 12. There were only four of us in the van. I went on a themed cruise to Half Moon Cay, so I will be unable to review entertainment, because it was different from the normal entertainment.

Getting on and off the ship was very easy. We got their early, so we had to wait for our zone to be called, but it wasn't bad. Getting off of the ship was easy. We booked an excursion and was led of the ship. There was no line at customs and luggage came out quick. I have been on this ship before, and I like it. The decor is a little bright, but not distracting. The service was outstanding. There were over 2000 women on the cruise (most late 20s and early 30s). There was a lot of drinking, but the bar staff was on top of it. I never had to wait too long. One night was open bar for a half hour. The Carnival waiters were everywhere. I must have turned down at least 20 drinks. It started to get annoying. Our cruise went to Half Moon Cay which was absolutely gorgeous. The tendering process was not fun. I had tender ticket 2. I was told to meet at 9:30 yet we didn't leave until after 10:30. I loved everything about this cruise! Everyone was very friendly. The ship is in good condition. There were always people cleaning the ship.

Carnival Imagination Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

Port
I selected Nassau because Half Moon Cay was not a choice. I did not go to Nassau on this trip we had a special itinerary to Half Moon Cay. Half Moon Cay was amazing! The water was so calm and beautiful. There was a nice bbq lunch provided by Carnival. There were plenty of lounge chairs. There were some for $17 that had shade over them. You could also purchase a cabana.

Read 4,116 Nassau Reviews
Published 05/19/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Imagination Review
Carnival Imagination Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?