Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Clancy14: Sometimes I wonder if we're on the same ship!?!

Clancy14
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruises

Sometimes I wonder if we're on the same ship!?!

Sail Date: May 2010
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

Sometimes I wonder if we're on the same cruise as the other member's reviews that I read here!?!?! Although cruising is not inexpensive, the cost to value ratio is easily worth it, especially if you choose a lower category cabin to economize.

Embarkation: Pleasant,easy and quick. No surprises as we had cruised out of Bayonne before. Everyone on Cruise critic should know how Cape Liberty works. No reason to be unaware.

Cabin: We had a Concierge Cabin on the Panorama Deck (8070) with Paz as our Cabin Steward and Costa as her assistant. The room was always clean and our requests were handled pleasantly and correctly. No surprises again as the online guides to see your deck, cabin etc. are very accurate. Bathrooms are standard, but for goodness sake, it's a bathroom!!! How much time do you spend there. The complaints about size are ridiculous. What are you doing in there that you need more room?!?! If you're that heavy, get a handicapped room or lose weight. More

Meals: Once again, I can't believe how people complain so much!!!...... There's not enough variety, my soup was cold, the steaks were tough......People, get a life!! You are on vacation. If something's not to your liking, tell your waiter or a member of the staff and fix it PLEASANTLY!! I can't believe how many people I saw at the Waterfall Restaurants and Grill show no manners at all. You don't get to be rude and ignorant just because you are being waited on. The cruisers I saw rarely said..Hello....Please..Thank you..Could you...Goodbye. I was embarassed to be near thm, hoping that the crew wouldn't think I was with them.. These same people were the ones that stepped in front of you to grab silverware, get a cup, cut in line...Not a word about their bad behavior. These are adults, not untrained children. I'm sure that they are the same ones whining about service. What do you want these overworked and underpaid employees to do? Cut yout meat, wipe your mouth, carry you to bed, appear at a moment's notice to restock your liquor bar? I'm appalled at some of the "mediocre" comments.

Entertainment: Very nice. Very professional. Something for everyone. We saw all the shows and enjoyed them, remembering where we were. Not on Broadway, not in Vegas, not paying the average Broadway price of $ 150 a ticket. Once again, why are you people so critical!?!? Picky, picky, picky.

Pools, Games, Shopping, Spa, Pictures, Casino: Clean, pleasant, fun, expensive at times, all the things you need to enjoy your time at sea. You choose what appeals to you and make your own good time.

PORTS: Newport - Didn't go ashore. Enjoyed the ship instead!

Bermuda - Having been there before, we had arranged for a private taxi tour and covered the island in one day. Stopping wherever we wanted for pictures, souvenirs, meals, beach time, etc. We did an evening excursion through the ship and it was nicely entertaining and informative. The second day, we took the ferry to Hamilton and did more sightseeing and shopping. Had lunch at the Pickled Onion, on the 2nd floor, overlooking the harbor. Expensive but delicious!

Disembarkation: A little slow but waiting in the Rendezvous Lounge wasn't unpleasant with beverages and refreshments provided. Quick, through Customs and the pier itself!

I am a part-time travel agent and I try to be objective. The ship was in very good shape and scheduled to be "Soltice-ized" very shortly. I like the smaller size ships as much as the larger ones. Each has it's own appeal.

A cruise is what you make it. Demanding people, highly critical passengers, overbearing and obnoxious drunks, rude self-centered adults and parents who have no real parenting skills when it comes to their children's behavior, have to be ignored or they will affect your good time. Speak to the crew if you have to, but don't stoop to their level and ruin everyone else's good time. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>