Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Twinkie13: Great weather and Restful time!

Twinkie13
Member Since 2009
1,072 Posts

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

Great weather and Restful time!

Sail Date: May 2010
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

The hubby and I are in our mid 30's and like to cruise when the kids are in school since we leave our little one behind with gradma for a reconnection reasons.

Weather was sunny but cooler 68-70 but better than rainy and warm as what occurred in our Septemeber sailing on the Explorer. I have found that I don't like to cruise the same ship twice regardless of the cruise line or service-personal preference.

Embarkment: Smoothest and the fastest yet for us. RCL did a fantastic job moving us through quickly. I don't beleive that was the case for others, but the arrival by bus paid off for us as we were on the ship by 7:30ish. The JR Suite will get my vote when ever sailing RCL, the extra space, walk in closet and tub makes a HUGE difference, well worth the extra $$$$ we spent.

The JR Suite: Lots of storage space, drawer space and did I mention the walk in closet! Very nice. There were bath products that were available (lotions, shower gel etc.) The tub was More nice as we didn't need to fight with the shower stall this time around, and we are not big people. The room had a flat creen tv, nice change from the old fashion tvs along with a larger balcony which oddly enough only the 10th deck had finished varnish on the railings. Not everything was complete in the drydock.

Dining: Mostly Portofinos for dinner (fantastic) and MDR for one night. RCL has improved on their MTD and does a better job than Carnival. Johnny Rockets was good for a nice greasy burger along with some song and dance! The Promenade Deck had a nice coffee shop along with Ben & Jerrys and free snacks throughout the day to hold you over to dinner. I am still debating if RCL puts anything in their food as we never made it to lunch on any of the days as a result of breakfast regardless of the time or the amount of food.

Overall cruising experience Leisure Time: Nice and relaxing-plenty along with Solarium Staff: Couldn't be better! Food: Portofinos-good but not Excellent as it was in September. I wasn't to thrilled that they changed the menu. Drinks: STRONG Public Rooms: Just right Casino: Although smokey, there are a few slots away from it all Pools: Love the new decking and the pools are always nice. Stateroom: Roomy Overall Cruise Experience: Almost Priceless Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>