Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Caesar: Hi Lee Hi Low Hi Lup bababa pup!

Caesar
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Hi Lee Hi Low Hi Lup bababa pup!

Sail Date: April 2010

We booked this cruise solely because it was the Solstice - not the itinerary.

Cabins:

Narrow, but long. Too confining. Storage space a major problem if you are more than two people. Having the hall cupboard moved around the corner is ridiculous, as you lose space, and very difficult to get into - very poor design. The bathroom is really spacious - fabulous shower area. Storage is great, but I like to have somewhere to put my toothbrush. Balcony is wonderful. But, the cain is so narrow that room service could hardly get around the bed - almost dropped the tray. Not impressed at all.

Entertainment: First night was great, but, thereafter - poor,poor,poor. The impressionist was only fair with his Neil Diamond. The magician, Murray, well, I have seen better in a shopping mall. All in all, very disappointing. Other rooms were acceptable.

Casino: Love the location within shopping areas. And, no smoking is a plus.

Daily activities: Very good, More but rather confusing. They tell you there is such and such in a certain area, but it really is to let you know what is available. Then, why do they assign a time??

Lawn Club: Fantastic - would almost go back just for this aspect. Loved, loved it.

Embarkation/Disembarkation: Embarkation - fabulous. Dis - so, so.

Shopping: Too many high end stores, and not enough bargains. Even if they will match prices, who wants to bother checking this, checking that??

Dining: First night,second night - wonderful. After that - not very good. I maintain that they keep the best for the specialty restaurants. I am not saying it was not acceptable, but not exactly first class. Returning two dinners is not my idea of good dining. But, the specialty restaurants, in my opinion, have outpriced themselves. I am sorry, but $35 for the Tuscan Grill - give me a break. Elite Tea (as we are Elite members), was a total disaster. Service was poor, choices not offered - had to ask for scones etc etc.

Elite perks: Absolutely fantastic. First class here, all the way. Thank you Celebrity.

Ports are ports, and we have been to them all, so no comment here, as we had booked for the ship, not the itinerary, as mentioned. Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice Deluxe Oceanveiw Stateroom Continental Deck (6) 7241

Narrow - but long - storage limited, but bathroom a big plus. Balcony great, but, oh, that narrow cabin - no, no , no.