Celebrity Solstice 4

“Hi Lee Hi Low Hi Lup bababa pup!”
Cruise review of Celebrity Solstice

Caesar
Member Since 2005
158 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We booked this cruise solely because it was the Solstice - not the itinerary.

Cabins:

Narrow, but long. Too confining. Storage space a major problem if you are more than two people. Having the hall cupboard moved around the corner is ridiculous, as you lose space, and very difficult to get into - very poor design. The bathroom is really spacious - fabulous shower area. Storage is great, but I like to have somewhere to put my toothbrush. Balcony is wonderful. But, the cain is so narrow that room service could hardly get around the bed - almost dropped the tray. Not impressed at all.

Entertainment: First night was great, but, thereafter - poor,poor,poor. The impressionist was only fair with his Neil Diamond. The magician, Murray, well, I have seen better in a shopping mall. All in all, very disappointing. Other rooms were acceptable.

Casino: Love the location within shopping areas. And, no smoking is a plus.

Daily activities: Very good, More but rather confusing. They tell you there is such and such in a certain area, but it really is to let you know what is available. Then, why do they assign a time??

Lawn Club: Fantastic - would almost go back just for this aspect. Loved, loved it.

Embarkation/Disembarkation: Embarkation - fabulous. Dis - so, so.

Shopping: Too many high end stores, and not enough bargains. Even if they will match prices, who wants to bother checking this, checking that??

Dining: First night,second night - wonderful. After that - not very good. I maintain that they keep the best for the specialty restaurants. I am not saying it was not acceptable, but not exactly first class. Returning two dinners is not my idea of good dining. But, the specialty restaurants, in my opinion, have outpriced themselves. I am sorry, but $35 for the Tuscan Grill - give me a break. Elite Tea (as we are Elite members), was a total disaster. Service was poor, choices not offered - had to ask for scones etc etc.

Elite perks: Absolutely fantastic. First class here, all the way. Thank you Celebrity.

Ports are ports, and we have been to them all, so no comment here, as we had booked for the ship, not the itinerary, as mentioned. Less

Celebrity Solstice Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: April 2010
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

1a7241
Narrow - but long - storage limited, but bathroom a big plus. Balcony great, but, oh, that narrow cabin - no, no , no.

Published 05/19/10

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review

Celebrity Solstice Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?