Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by zoom10

Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Cabin Category: BC
Cabin Number: B520
See More About: Sapphire Princess Cruise Reviews | Cruise to Nowhere Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Sapphire Princess - First Cruise
Booked the 1 day Pacific Coastal Cruise for my friend and I mid April. We are both first time cruisers.

Embarkation - NIGHTMARE, gangway problems at the port caused major backup. 3 ships were embarking at one time (Coral, Sapphire and a Holland American ship) We got at the port at 1:50 and didn't get on the ship until 4:10.

Ship - The Sapphire Princess is in very good shape. Very clean and huge. We were in awe exploring her. Sometimes we just felt we were not on a ship but a nice hotel. Very smooth ride, no vibration felt at all.

Cabin - We were in cabin B520, deck 11 Baja. It took us by surprise of how small the cabin was but it suited us fine for the night. It was smack in the middle of the ship so our view from the balcony was amazing. The twin beds were small but actually quite comfortable.

Food - I was a bit worried about this part due to some of the reviews I read but I'm happy to announce that the food was very very good and plentiful. We had dinner in the Pacific Moon dining room which we really enjoyed. Our server was very accommodating and very nice. Horizon court was also great and the food was also quite good. But one dish made me shake my head; frog legs? Really?

Entertainment - we saw the comedy show and the Piano Man. We enjoyed them both.

Disembarkation - easy as pie. No wait at all. We were off the ship in less than 10 minutes.

Overall - Loved the Sapphire Princess and had an awesome time and can't wait to go back!!!

Publication Date: 05/19/10