Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Btricky2522: Never Again..

Btricky2522
Member Since 2010

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Never Again..

Sail Date: May 2010
Destination: Bahamas

Me & my husband went on the cruise for a late honeymoon get away, so I was expecting everything to be great. When we boarded the ship it looked brand new, clean, the workers were very nice, and boarding was pretty quick & easy. We were starving so we headed to the buffet to find not much of a selection on foods. There were 2 different areas to eat from, with the same exact foods which I thought was ridiculous for the price we paid to sail. We figured maybe we'd have a different selection the next day but we were wrong.. Once again basically the SAME foods were out, and on top of that the food did not look appetizing at all. I guess I was expecting mostly American foods and not all Asian foods.

They had about 4/5 different restaurants and only 2 were free. The food they served at the free ones were pretty much the same of which they served at the buffet (everyday). So it wasn't worth it at all. The breakfast was ok. I, myself enjoy bagel's for breakfast and they More didn't have any, so I ate water down eggs instead.

I'm not racist at all but I noticed that almost all the staff was Asian too.. Maybe that explains all the Asian food they served. They had ice-cream but only gave you one little scoop of either chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry.

When we got to our room it looked OK, the bathroom looked kind of dirty, and like I expected the shower was tiny (like all cruise ships). I wanted to take a shower and one thing that really sucked was how the water temperature of the water changed from extremely HOT to ice COLD in a matter of seconds. It was so ANNOYING, it happened the whole time we sailed--

Our ship was running a little behind schedule so they decided to book it down the ocean which made me incredibly sick because of all the rocking. The other 3 days were fine though.

Their private island wasn't that amazing. We wanted to snorkel but there was nothing to see, no fishes at all. Just rocks and sand. You had to pay for everythingggggg on this ship. I expect to pay for things but I expected at least a few things to be free when you pay such a big price. At their island they had a BBQ with once again all the same foods on the ship, maybe 1 or 2 things different, I couldn't even eat the food because of all the FLIES buzzing around my plate and my face! I think the flies had a better feast than I did.

All an all I plan on going on another cruise next year but I'll tell you THIS.. It will never be any of the NCL ships. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

There was nothinggggg to see there.

Just a couple of straw markets. THATS IT.

Read 779 Freeport Reviews

It at least had places to look at, things to do. I bought from the straw markets there, but everyone was selling the same things. I would recommend taking a ferry boat to Atlantis & paradise island because its cheaper and its more fun, we had a guy tell us a lot of interesting facts about the Bahamas and we got tons of nice pictures!

Read 2645 Nassau Reviews