Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Michylicious

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Michylicious
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: Michylicious
Cruise Date: May 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8E
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

2nd Carnival, 9th Overall, Definitely Impressed
Embarkation - Arrived at the Pier around 11:15 and we were on board by Noon. It was very smooth and comfortable. The weather was absolutely fabulous in New York for sail away. The only critical point would be that in good weather, Princess throws a way better sailaway party.

Food - Awesome! Carnival is the best cruise for food I've been on since Celebrity in 2000. The dinners in the dining room were always good and meats were well cooked. Their Caesar salad is amazing and the Bitter N Blanc is the best dessert I've ever had. We ate in the dining room 5 nights of the 8 - 2 of the nights we missed were because we went to Nick & Nora's steakhouse. It was such a romantic atmosphere and the food was phenomenal. The only complaint I got was the 24oz Porterhouse my boyfriend ordered was very ripe with connective tissue. The buffet was always pretty good - no complaints at all. I love the pizza and ice cream available 24/7.

Service - Didn't know our waiter's name by the end of the cruise, but loved our bar waiter, Dragan. The waiter we had and the assistant didn't have much personality. I didn't encounter any issues with service, but I do find Princess to be a little better. Our cabin steward, Lilith, and her assistants were very effective and couldn't have done better.

Entertainment - Saw a few shows that were pretty good. One night a ventriloquist/comedian was advertised, but instead there was a really great comedian/juggler named Marcus Monroe. We also caught 1/2 of a show where the cruise director, Malcom (who I was not impressed with) pulled people out of the audience to perform - it was OK. The Ticket to Ride Beatles show was awesome and the Legends show was also entertaining.

By the pool, it didn't seem as active or fun as Princess which I found odd. The Hair Chest contest brought some very interesting surprised when a man came out in a Borat-like swimsuit. We also found the Quest game show and the Love & Marriage game to be quite funny.

Room - Loved our 8E Balcony toward the back of the ship. Occasionally you could hear chairs moving from the aft pool above, but nothing that would disturb my sleep.

Ports - Grand Turk - hung out at Margaritaville all day. Wasn't impressed with the beach, but the pool was awesome! Such a fun party atmosphere.

Half Moon Cay - best port on this cruise! My b/f & I took a walk down the entire beach and around the whole island. The BBQ was pretty standard for food and it was nice to put our drinks on our sail & sign.

Nassau - our excursion got canceled, so we wound up shopping, going to Atlantis then ending the day at Senor Frogs where the drinks were strong and plentiful!

Ship- loved this ship! I was skeptical since I had been on much larger ships in the past, but the decor and the rooms were really nice. I never really felt like I was on a smaller ship because there was so much to see and do, from the Piano Bar to the Casino (with awesome guitarist) to the Sports Bar to Karaoke. I would definitely do a Spirit class ship again.

Spa - Did the couples massage which was very nice, although very expensive! It was a nice little treat though.

Overall a great vacation and sorry to be home!!!

Publication Date: 05/16/10