Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by joiedevivre

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by joiedevivre
Celebrity Infinity
Celebrity Infinity
Member Name: joiedevivre
Cruise Date: March 2009
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

hijacked at sea
Embarkation: Line moved fast although very long. Departed late. Check in prompt and couteous

Ports: Due to mechanical problems we missed time in the ports that I was so looking forward to. My favorite was Acapulco. Shore excursions with ship were good;however, the staff was not adequately informed on these excursions. I don't think the line takes them on these. I specifically asked a question about visiting a certain bay in Huatulco on our sailing excursion;they said yes we would visit it. we did not. The guide said there was no time. Milos could not answer all questions.The Smithsonian lecturer,boring,I felt like I was in a boring college lecture. Pushing diamonds,diamonds,diamonds on tv.

Food. Adequate. Not enough choices in the eve. since my mom and I missed signing for ealy seating. Could not accomodate us. Food upstairs repetitive. I like HAL's casual buffet upstairs.My mom is 80 and could not eat late.

Service: good,but not going out of their way; however, when i did show up for dinner (6 times) our waiter was especially bubbly and friendly-a first. SS United Stated:good,but not worth $35 plus tip and wine. Good bread sticks,good exotic fruit by the pool on sea days. Dining room and buffets used to be better. What happened? Did Michel Roux departure change everything.Spa food good on certain days. Ice cream not good (toppings good)

Entertainement: Adequate. Nothing special. Nice Keith Cox. Cabin. small closets!!!! lousy hair dryer(bring your own)

Drinks weak everywhere except for martini bar. Great martinis, worth the extra money. For my personality;too many sea days, not enough time in ports since we had delays. Ship needs refurbishing especially pool chairs. I used to love Celebrity. i'll give it one more chance but thats it.

Debarkation. I was aware of the problems thanks to reading CC and stayed in San Diego 2 days. Well-worth seeing.

Publication Date: 05/14/10