Carnival Glory Cruise Review by timegoesby

Cruise Date: May 2010
Cabin Category: 4F
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Wonderful cruise and the price was right!
Embarkation was a breeze. We arrive a day early in Miami and spent the night at the LaQuinta Airport hotel which is where I've stayed on my last five previous cruise nights. The people are always very pleasant and they offer transport from the airport to the hotel, and then from the hotel to the port the next morning. We arrived at the port around 12:30 p.m. and were in our cabin by around 1:00 p.m.

This was my 3rd Carnival cruise and I found it to be very similar in many ways to my past cruises on the Valor and the Liberty. Ships were very similar, which made it a lot easier to find my way around quicker.
Our balcony room was more than adequate. Plenty of storage for two sisters with lots of luggage. Being situated mid to aft on the ship, we had a very smooth cruise and hardly felt rocking at all. We never heard any hallway noise and were just far enough away from the elevator not to hear the comings and goings of other guests.

My sister and I both enjoyed the entertainment throughout the week. We thought the shows could have lasted a bit longer, but for the most part, we were both pleased with the quality of the entertainment. We did go to the comedy club to see the different shows, and thought they were all pretty good. Open mic night was at the same time as something else we had planned, so we were disappointed that they didn't have another option. This was the first Carnival legends show that I truly enjoyed. I've actually walked out mid show on my last cruise on the Liberty. I felt the quests for this show did an amazing job.

Although the buffets seemed just so so, we both enjoyed the selection and quality of the food in the dining room each evening. Our food was always cooked the way we ordered and served while it was still hot enough to be enjoyable. My sister enjoyed the warm chocolate melting cake at least four of the seven nights. I felt guilty on a couple of nights because I thought the portions were so large that I couldn't finish my meal, and one night I was just too full to even have dessert! We didn't get pizza on this cruise, but enjoyed the hot dogs and hamburgers out by the pool. One afternoon we did get fish and chips, but felt we it was a little on the greasy side.

Getting off the ship and going through customs in Miami was a breeze. We had a 12:00 flight out of Miami, got off the ship around 8:30 a.m. and arrived at the airport by 10:15 or so. I like flying in and out of Miami as I've never experienced delays either way.

Publication Date: 05/14/10