Carnival Glory Cruise Review by timegoesby: Wonderful cruise and the price was right!

timegoesby
Member Since 2010
1 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful cruise and the price was right!

Sail Date: May 2010

Embarkation was a breeze. We arrive a day early in Miami and spent the night at the LaQuinta Airport hotel which is where I've stayed on my last five previous cruise nights. The people are always very pleasant and they offer transport from the airport to the hotel, and then from the hotel to the port the next morning. We arrived at the port around 12:30 p.m. and were in our cabin by around 1:00 p.m.

This was my 3rd Carnival cruise and I found it to be very similar in many ways to my past cruises on the Valor and the Liberty. Ships were very similar, which made it a lot easier to find my way around quicker.
Our balcony room was more than adequate. Plenty of storage for two sisters with lots of luggage. Being situated mid to aft on the ship, we had a very smooth cruise and hardly felt rocking at all. We never heard any hallway noise and were just far enough away from the elevator not to hear the comings and goings of other guests.

My sister and I both enjoyed the More entertainment throughout the week. We thought the shows could have lasted a bit longer, but for the most part, we were both pleased with the quality of the entertainment. We did go to the comedy club to see the different shows, and thought they were all pretty good. Open mic night was at the same time as something else we had planned, so we were disappointed that they didn't have another option. This was the first Carnival legends show that I truly enjoyed. I've actually walked out mid show on my last cruise on the Liberty. I felt the quests for this show did an amazing job.

Although the buffets seemed just so so, we both enjoyed the selection and quality of the food in the dining room each evening. Our food was always cooked the way we ordered and served while it was still hot enough to be enjoyable. My sister enjoyed the warm chocolate melting cake at least four of the seven nights. I felt guilty on a couple of nights because I thought the portions were so large that I couldn't finish my meal, and one night I was just too full to even have dessert! We didn't get pizza on this cruise, but enjoyed the hot dogs and hamburgers out by the pool. One afternoon we did get fish and chips, but felt we it was a little on the greasy side.

Getting off the ship and going through customs in Miami was a breeze. We had a 12:00 flight out of Miami, got off the ship around 8:30 a.m. and arrived at the airport by 10:15 or so. I like flying in and out of Miami as I've never experienced delays either way. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Empress 7392

We chose a catamaran snorkel tour in Belize and we were not disappointed. The catamaran ride to the snorkeling location was smooth and the snorkeling was pretty good. Again, with a good underwater camera we were able to get some really nice photos. After snorkeling we were taken to a private island, Bannister Key, where we spent a couple of hours just relaxing. I had been to Bannister Key last year, but this year it seemed so much prettier because we had gorgeous weather and the water was not rough and stirred up. It's a nice little island to just go spend the day and relax.

In Cozumel we did a zip line, rock climbing, repelling, rope/wood slatted bridge and snorkel tour. All in all, the tour was really nice. I had never zip lined before, but my sister has on a couple of other cruises in other ports. This was a very easy "first timer" tour, as our highest zip line was only about 65' off the ground. It was pretty much an at your leisure tour and your could do as much, or as little as you wanted. The snorkeling was pretty good and we did have a nice underwater camera to capture a few good photos.

It was an early tour and we were back at the dock early enough to have a couple of hours to do some shopping.

Read 3099 Cozumel Reviews

Allura 65' catamaran and Stingray City. What an amazing day we had. The weather was beautiful. The water was very calm and the catamaran was spectacular. The three person crew couldn't have been more attentive in trying to make sure we all had a wonderful day. We were very fortunate that we had a small group . . . there were only 16 of us on a catamaran that could hold up to 45 or 50. Plenty of room to just lounge around on our way to and from the Stingray City sandbar. I've been to Pearl Island in Nassau to interact with stingrays, and this tour is so much better since the stingray are in the open ocean and just return daily because they love to interact with the people and be fed. Several of the stingray were 3 to 3 1/2' across. Much larger than the stingray at Pearl Island. My sister and I would highly recommend this tour. The water at the sandbar is so clear you can see all the stingray coming to greet you just as soon as you get close enough to dropping your anchor. We were again fortunate that there weren't that many other boats there that day, and we were one of the last to leave. I felt like our crew gave us more time than some of the other people were allowed. Another relaxing and simply wonderful day.

(5.5)
We were a little disappointed because when we first looked out our balcony , we could tell we weren't at the new dock at Mahogany Bay. The water was just rough enough that we couldn't back into the Mahogany Bay slip and we were docked at the same dock I saw on my last two visits to Roatan. We got off the ship and with six other quests we rented a van to take us to a nice beach. We all voted on the West Bay beach area and they took us to the Mayan Princess Resort. All I can say is that once we arrived we weren't disappointed about not going to Mahogany Beach. It was truly beautiful. The beach was beautiful white sand and the water was as smooth as glass and the clearest of any water I've seen in the Caribbean. My sister and I both decided this would be a wonderful resort to just go and stay for a week's vacation. The van cost $10 per person each way, and a $10.00 per person fee at the Resort for the use of a lounge chair on the beach as well as full use of the pool and rest of the facilities. The drive of the van and the guide who accompanied us stayed at the resort with us until it was time to leave. That gave us a little bit more reassurance that they would be there to return us to the ship on time. Just a spectacular day! When the van took us back to the port we walked around and were able to do some shopping before getting back on the ship.

Read 1645 Roatan Reviews