Carnival Dream Cruise Review by BONDER: Not really a Dream.......actually glad to wake up!

BONDER
Member Since 2010

Public Rooms Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Not really a Dream.......actually glad to wake up!

Sail Date: April 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My husband and I have cruised four times previously on Carnival and thoroughly enjoyed all of them......so the Dream seemed to be a good pick for our next cruise. What a disappointment!

We found the ship had lots of problems that we were not expecting. First, the main deck really SMELLED BAD! Like raw sewage every day around lunch time. I did inform one of the employees but the next day, it was the same.

Carnival has always pleased us with their personable employees----from room stewards to waiters on deck. This time, no one even knew our names or addressed us in a friendly way. Most employees seemed to be overworked and too busy to handle the large crowd. And, it was very crowded everywhere on the ship! The main deck had so many chairs that you couldn't walk through them and there still was not enough seats. The showroom was so small and poorly planned out that most of the seats had blocked views of the stage. We had to get to shows an hour early and hope for a More seat in the front.

The Dream only had one night club on the ship and on Wednesday night, they closed the club! They said it was for a private party for the crew but we all know that it must have been a big shot with big bucks that bought it for the night! What about the other 4400 of us that paid our money to enjoy all the amenities on the ship! Very disappointing!

The dining room experience on the other hand was up to Carnival's usual standards.....nice waiter and excellent food. The food on deck on the other hand, was another story. Sandwiches were thrown together, not heated properly, and poor selection.

Carnival's deck party night was in keeping with the rest of our Carnival cruises. Too short! When you have everyone on deck in a party mode, there is no need to cut it off in one hour. This seems to be the norm as it also happened on the other 4 cruises we have been on with Carnival.

As far as the Cruise Director........well......I don't even know who it was because there was no big presence! Poorly planned activities, not much enthusiasm by staff, and not enough activities through the day and night.

All in all, I will not write Carnival off my list though. We are going again I'm sure but it will be on one of their smaller ships......no more Dreams for me and no recommendations to others. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>