Norwegian Star Cruise Review by mew1: ONCE YOU WISH UPON A STAR

ONCE YOU WISH UPON A STAR

Sail Date: May 2010
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We stayed in the Days inn by the airport, just a place to sleep, nothing to write home about. We used Primetime shuttle to get to the pier, they were very good and on time.

Embarkment was so easy, as always, being in the suite it was even more amazing. We were greated with big smiles and treats. The cards were ready and we were lead to our amazing room. The Penthouse is so nice, love the vanity area, and the wrap around balcony. The table was nice for having our family we were traveling with over.

Loved the suite life, Cagney's for breakfast and lunch is the best part. Food is amazing. For dinner we ate at Cagney's (love the chocolate brownie dessert and LOBSTER), both Main dinning rooms on different nights. Food was very good. Tried new foods and love them now. Salmon, snails, and scallops, I didn't have any dishes I didn't like.

Wonderful entertainment, I was so happy my favorites were on the ship, Tribute to Frankie Vallie group, love PAUL, the show More always makes me feel happy. Enjoyed the Dance group, not so crazy about the magic show, just not into them. Enjoyed the piano players around the ship. The second city always makes me laugh,

Now the only complaint I have is that the ship had three large groups of one ethnic group (over 1500) that made traveling around the ship very hard and eating in buffet impossible, didn't even get to get any of my favorite pretzel rolls. I guess in their culture blocking doorways, lines, hording foods is just the way it is, you could not MOVE if you had to pass through deck 12. I learned to walk through the halls to avoid it. I understand the casino was just as bad.

My sanctuary became the spa, I bought the week spa pass and loved every minute of it, enjoyed the pool, hot tubs and tried the sauna, a little too hot for me. OHHH the wonderful smell when you walk in the place. Yes I was asked about other treatments, but I kindly said No thank you and that was the end of it. I didn't feel obligated to do anything but enjoy the spa, it was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

This was a repo cruise so we had 3 sea days first and that made the spa pass wonderful. We then went to Juneau and Ketchikan, and inside passage.

Special staff, Jujit, the butler was AMAZING, excellent!!! Patrick the conceirge was very good, Christina and Julie Ann in Cagney's were the best wait staff ever, we really enjoyed them. Whuyu and Emmanuel were great cabin stewards. The staff were all wonderful. We were always greated with a smile, even when you knew they were tired. It was a wonderful cruise, can't wait to go on my next one. Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Star 8170

8170 AMAZING penthouse aft cabin, plenty of storage, great bath, biggest plus is the wrap around balcony. Loved it crusing the inside passage.

Juneau was amazing. We had wonderful weather 57 degrees and SUNSHINE, with an average of only 44 days of sun a year we are very blessed. We did the ships whale watching and Mendell glazier. The whales were a little quiet and we saw short glimpses of 5 backs of whales, no big show. The Glazier was beyond words. The natural beauty could only be a testiment to GOD. I wish I had planned on visiting it longer, I was really impressed by the visitors center and the history of the glazier.

Read 838 Juneau Reviews

We had a lot of fun in Ketchikan, we did a tour I found from Alaskanbird.com it was a nice very informative tour and left plenty of time to shop. Which we did, I found a store near Dolly's house that had ALL alaskan made products. I wish I knew the name of it, I would love to write them. I would like to get more of the soap made in Alaska, mine did not make it home in my luggage. These things happen but it is the first time for us. Dolly's house was fun, the ladies with the stories made it very interesting. We ate a place on the main street there called Annabells, OH my was it great. I had salmon burger, amazing. I highly recommend it.

In Vancouver we did the jump on and off trolley, it was a nice easy way to see the city, we bought our tickets right in the pier area. CDS luggage storage is there and they also ship luggage to the airport. That was the service we use and it made it very easy to pick up luggage and then off to the plane. Vancouver is very clean and the people we met were very nice. Loved the park it was so pretty, we had another lovely day weather wise. We saw two wedding sin the park.