Norwegian Star Cruise Review by mew1

Cruise Date: May 2010
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: SF
See More About: Norwegian Star Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

ONCE YOU WISH UPON A STAR
We stayed in the Days inn by the airport, just a place to sleep, nothing to write home about. We used Primetime shuttle to get to the pier, they were very good and on time.

Embarkment was so easy, as always, being in the suite it was even more amazing. We were greated with big smiles and treats. The cards were ready and we were lead to our amazing room. The Penthouse is so nice, love the vanity area, and the wrap around balcony. The table was nice for having our family we were traveling with over.

Loved the suite life, Cagney's for breakfast and lunch is the best part. Food is amazing. For dinner we ate at Cagney's (love the chocolate brownie dessert and LOBSTER), both Main dinning rooms on different nights. Food was very good. Tried new foods and love them now. Salmon, snails, and scallops, I didn't have any dishes I didn't like.

Wonderful entertainment, I was so happy my favorites were on the ship, Tribute to Frankie Vallie group, love PAUL, the show always makes me feel happy. Enjoyed the Dance group, not so crazy about the magic show, just not into them. Enjoyed the piano players around the ship. The second city always makes me laugh,

Now the only complaint I have is that the ship had three large groups of one ethnic group (over 1500) that made traveling around the ship very hard and eating in buffet impossible, didn't even get to get any of my favorite pretzel rolls. I guess in their culture blocking doorways, lines, hording foods is just the way it is, you could not MOVE if you had to pass through deck 12. I learned to walk through the halls to avoid it. I understand the casino was just as bad.

My sanctuary became the spa, I bought the week spa pass and loved every minute of it, enjoyed the pool, hot tubs and tried the sauna, a little too hot for me. OHHH the wonderful smell when you walk in the place. Yes I was asked about other treatments, but I kindly said No thank you and that was the end of it. I didn't feel obligated to do anything but enjoy the spa, it was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

This was a repo cruise so we had 3 sea days first and that made the spa pass wonderful. We then went to Juneau and Ketchikan, and inside passage.

Special staff, Jujit, the butler was AMAZING, excellent!!! Patrick the conceirge was very good, Christina and Julie Ann in Cagney's were the best wait staff ever, we really enjoyed them. Whuyu and Emmanuel were great cabin stewards. The staff were all wonderful. We were always greated with a smile, even when you knew they were tired. It was a wonderful cruise, can't wait to go on my next one.

Publication Date: 05/12/10