Carnival Dream Cruise Review by papaoffive13

Member Name: papaoffive13
Cruise Date: May 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Nothing To Worry About
We cruised on the Dream from 5/1 - 5/8/10....this was our 14th Carnival cruise. I was very worried about this ship as so many of the reviews were horrible.....my husband wasn't worried at all.....PLEASE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING!!!!

The ship was beautiful and we did notice that it was bigger than other Carnival ships we have been on. We have been on larger Royal Caribbean ships but we loved the size of the Dream. We did not notice the crowds that other reviewers complained about. However we tried to avoid the Lido when we expected long lines. Dine at your own time was fabulous......took a lot of stress away from having to be ready at a certain time. There was a wait at times, but they gave you a beeper and you could go anywhere on the ship (except your cabin) and the beeper would go off when your table was ready.....most of the time there was either no wait or maybe 10 - 15 minutes at the most. Food was good...a bit inconsistent but for the most part we enjoyed everything. I like my shrimp cooked a bit more than the pasta bar offered so I asked them to cook the shrimp longer and they were more than happy to do that......as always, the warm chocolate melting cake was delicious.....sometimes running.....sometimes a bit dryer....but always yummy. We missed the chocolate buffet so be on the lookout for it. I think it was on Friday during lunch.

The daily news letter's name changed from THE CAPERS to FUN TIMES.....took a little to get used to that name......but I think I like it. The format of the FUN TIMES has changed a little........easy to miss fun things to do.....not a lot of "getting guests involved" We brought a highlighter which helped....the EXCITEMENT of reading the FUN TIMES just wasn't there like it had been on other Carnival ships.

Ports were nice........especially Costa Maya....nice shopping but if you want to relax in a gorgeous pool or on a lounge chair by the sand (can't swim but can listen to the waves) it's a fantastic FREE diversion from being on the ship. It's just a short walk from the dock. We didn't know about this and we wish we did........gorgeous.

Hardly felt the ship move at all. The air conditioning did go out one night while sleeping which was uncomfortable but it was taken care of as soon as they realized there was a problem. The ship was pretty warm most of the time.....I would rather have a little chill than on the warm side....

DANCING IN THE STREETS was fantastic......other shows and entertainment was okay........we have definitely had better dancing bands on other ships, but we still danced enough to satisfy us.

The slides were fun......the lines moved fast and never had to wait very long....no problem at all....

The staff was very friendly, especially our cabin steward and his helper. They sure did a fantastic job.

The casino was fun too. We played more on this ship as we felt like the machines paid off a little and allowed us more play time........would have been exciting to finally win.......but that's asking too much.......met a lot of nice guests in the casino trying to win too!

The odor other reviewers talked about was so very faint and if I didn't read and worry about it, I wouldn't have even noticed it........

We are looking forward to our 15th Carnival cruise..........as always, we had a fantastic vacation...........we are very tired as we stayed up enjoying the ships entertainment EVERY NIGHT........now we need to REST........

Enjoy your vacation and this beautiful ship.......

Publication Date: 05/12/10