Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by jonandonadnon3: Good but not Great

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Good but not Great

Sail Date: April 2010

We cruised for our honeymoon. It was my first cruise and my wife has been on many cruises. Overall the service was good. Our butler was on time with breakfast and the room was kept looking nice. My main complaint was in the Tuscan Grille. We ate there one night and it was not really that great. The food was okay, but the service was overbearing and not very good. For example: The wait staff was around asking every three minutes how everything was, but when I got a diet coke instead of regular coke, the member of the wait staff who I told (on one of his every three minute checkups) said that he would go get the main waiter instead of just fixing the problem himself. The service needs to be reworked...it needs to be less overbearing and just better.

Other than that, the main dining was good, but the food seemed as if it had been sitting for a while before it came out to the tables. Also I was very surprised at the low staffing levels at on ship bars. I found myself wanting a More drink and not finding a bar tender at bars a lot of the time.

The good news was that we were upgraded for free (a $2400 upgrade) from a Celebrity Suite to a Royal Suite. What an awesome bit of luck and much appreciated. Also the embarkation process took only 10 or 15 minutes, but we showed up early so there were no lines. Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice Royal Suite Sky Deck (10) 1118

A great cabin...high up on the ship and close to the elevator. The jet tub on the balcony was great too.