Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by jonandonadnon3

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by jonandonadnon3
Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: jonandonadnon3
Cruise Date: April 2010
Cabin Category: rs
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

Good but not Great
We cruised for our honeymoon. It was my first cruise and my wife has been on many cruises. Overall the service was good. Our butler was on time with breakfast and the room was kept looking nice. My main complaint was in the Tuscan Grille. We ate there one night and it was not really that great. The food was okay, but the service was overbearing and not very good. For example: The wait staff was around asking every three minutes how everything was, but when I got a diet coke instead of regular coke, the member of the wait staff who I told (on one of his every three minute checkups) said that he would go get the main waiter instead of just fixing the problem himself. The service needs to be reworked...it needs to be less overbearing and just better.

Other than that, the main dining was good, but the food seemed as if it had been sitting for a while before it came out to the tables. Also I was very surprised at the low staffing levels at on ship bars. I found myself wanting a drink and not finding a bar tender at bars a lot of the time.

The good news was that we were upgraded for free (a $2400 upgrade) from a Celebrity Suite to a Royal Suite. What an awesome bit of luck and much appreciated. Also the embarkation process took only 10 or 15 minutes, but we showed up early so there were no lines.

Publication Date: 05/12/10