“Thriving on the Freedom”
Cruise review of Carnival Freedom

jmmatnwo Carnival Freedom 5 Thriving on the Freedom
jmmatnwo
Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This cruise was sponsored by Amoena and Breast Cancer Wellness Magazine. It was my 2nd time cruising and I was a little skeptical of Carnival, having read some bad reviews. Boy, were they wrong!

The rooms were great! The food was great! The activities were great! I loved the water slide! Our wait team, Dani and Dewa, not only took care of our food orders, they were entertaining as well! Our room was always clean and well-stocked. We got our towel animals, mints and beds turned down every night. My room steward even went above and beyond trying to get 2 souvenier shot glasses that were stuck together apart. Even he couldn't do it, though.

There were 3 adult women in our cabin and we had plenty of room. There were 3 closets. There were 2 twin beds and the couch converted to a comfortable 3rd bed. There was plenty of room in the bathroom for all of our toiletries. There was never a lack of towels; the minute we used one, it was replaced.

All of our needs were anticipated and taken care of. Debarkation was as smooth as can be.

If there was anything I could complain about, it would be embarkation. The lines were long and it was hot, not a good environment for breast cancer survivors to wait in.

Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6C1367

Took a tour of the island with stops in Hell and Boatswain's Turtle Farm. Our driver was very knowledeable and informative. This was my 2nd trip to the Cayman Islands and I learned a lot more this time than I did before. The turtle farm was fun and there was a lot of opportunity to interact with the turtles and take some great photos.

Port
In Key West, we took the Conch train tour which was very informative. Would have liked to have been able to get off at a couple of the stops for photo ops.

Read 1,115 Key West Reviews
Port
I went to the Chukka Farm riding stable for a Horseback ride on the beach. This was one of my bucket list items and it did not disappoint! I would recommend this excursion to anyone! It was the highlight of my trip! The guide was attentive and informative. The scenery was beautiful and there is nothing like the ride in the ocean!

The locals, however, are ruthless! You can't walk through the street without getting hit up for money or harassed to buy something. I was even offered marijuana not once, but twice. I don't think I'd go back to Jamaica just because of this.

Published 05/12/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Freedom Review
Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?