Carnival Glory Cruise Review by MamaTene

Cabin Category: OS
        10-12 1.0
        13-15 1.0

The SUITE life aboard Glory
Sailed on Glory April 4-11. I traveled with my two grandsons 12 and 15. We had a suite which was so roomy for all of us. Lots and lots of storage space so no worries there.

Kinda of a traumatic start to the vacation though. Recvd a call in the cabin from Guest Services about 4:30 or so on embarkation day asking me to come to Guest Services to meet with Security as they had an issue regarding my checked luggage. I thought perhaps the piece of luggage that contained the bottled water and 2 twelve packs of pop had leaked or something.

Head of Security met me along with 2 other security staff members. After asking to see my id and scanning my sign and sail card I was told me to follow them. HOLY CRAP...what the heck is going on!

They walk me off the ship into the embarkation area and then thru all of these tunnels..we end up in the disembarkaton area. All the while they are asking me questions.."Did you bring an iron on board? alcohol? clothes steamer? knife?" Nope to all ..."How about tools?" I answered well I have a little tool kit that has handle with various heads that you screw on..like a hammer, screw driver, chisel point etc. They responded with "Well lets just wait and see"

Finally end up in an area where ALL THE LUGGAGE is scanned before it is loaded onboard for delv to the cabins. There is my bag sitting there...all by its lonesome self. They show me a scan of the piece and honest to god it looks like I have A COMPLETE LARGE TOOL KIT in my luggage. The scanner magnifies the size of everything! They said.."You planning on disassemling the cabin?" LOL! They had me open the luggage in front of them and we all had a good laugh when they saw that the kit was no bigger than 6 inches total.

Now on to to the great stuff: Do be sure to avail yourself of the room service but allow at least 30-45min for delv. The sandwiches are very good especially the Beef Loin and Brie as well as the Portabella mushroom and cheese on brachetta bread. BLT also very good. Do try the veggies and dips along with the caramel custard.

Had early dinner assignment. Wonderful service with great selection. All food very appetizing and steak prepared EXACTLY as I ordered. Didnt do the specialty restaurant. Be sure to try the Fish and Chip, Burrito Bar and the wonderful Mongolian Grill.

My favorite area on this ship by far is the new adults only Serenity. Very classy, mellow and quiet. Wonderful hammocks and clam shell loungers. Saturday was final sea day. I arrived at 6:45 at the adults only aft pool on Lido. I settled in to one on the end in first row next to pool. 4 chairs next to me had towels (light blue and white personal towels) on them. At around 9:30 group of 4 people came up and asked if the chairs were taken. I let them know I had been there over 3 hours and no one using them. We called the Carnival Pool Attendant over and reminded them of their own published rule (in the Fun Times) of no reserving seats for longer than 30 minutes. He removed the towels and told us if the folks come who originally "saved" them to tell the to go to the towel hut to retrieve their stuff. Around 11:30 they indeed did show up and we told them to check with the pool attendant. Kudos to Carnival for enforcing their policy.

Excursions: We did the Swim with Dolphins thru Carnival in Cozumel. Other stops we did private tours on our own and saved quite a lot. In Belize we did a ATV/Cave Tubing combo tour booked thru cavetubing.com. In Belize, zip lined thru ClipNZip.com which is located right at the pier area. In Grand Caymen, took taxi to 7mile beach and went parasailing.

Here is a link to pics: http://travel.webshots.com/album/577391223HitqwD