Carnival Glory Cruise Review by thelemalove93: The Glory proved me wrong

Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

The Glory proved me wrong

Sail Date: May 2010

This was my fifth cruise, and my husbands 3rd. We are both 30 years old with no kids. We traveled on Carnival 5 years ago on the Triumph, and honestly I was not pleased with Carnival, and swore I would never return. Well, my husband convinced me to give them a second shot when we got a great deal. I am definitely happy he convinced me, so here is the run down:

Embarkation:

Embarkation went really, really well. We had our fun pass completed, which allowed us to go to the self-check in. We got in line at 12:30 and were on the boat by 1:00. This was the smoothest embarkation I have ever experienced.

The Room and Room Steward:

We were located on the second floor in the middle of the ship. We had an ocean view room, and again, we were happy with the size of the room. A few suggestions though for the room- get a shower door. Honestly, the curtain doesn't hold any water in, so every day we used a lot of towels on the floor. We expected it but I really More wish that cruise lines would switch to doors. Also, the size of the bathroom was small, but there was plenty of space. Also, there was a lot of space in the closets in the bedroom, and our suitcases fit under the bed. Really a great ocean view room.

Our room steward Marco was amazing. He remembered our name from the moment we got there. He brought us extra chocolate when we asked. Filled our ice bucket twice a day and left us our great towel animals. He worked his butt off but never seemed upset to do so. He was the best cabin steward I have had to date.

The Food and Wait Staff:

The buffet was just ok and could use some improvement, especially for lunch. The breakfast buffet was good though and had anything you could imagine. I wasn't that upset about the lunch buffet just because there were so many other options. They have a deli, pizza place, fish and chips, a grill, a buritto place and a Mongolian grill. My personal favorites are the pizza, the deli, the grill and the burrito place. My husband lived at the deli. My husband hated the Mongolian place, but no worries since there are so many other options. We honestly had something different every day. For dinner we always did the dining room- late seating. Our waiter Michael was amazing. He had lemonade waiting for us, and even provided me the recipe for the chocolate melting cake the last night. The menu was great every night with a few repeats, but overall a lot of choice and variety. I do wish they would bring back the fruit punch. They also offer cappuccino, espresso and hot chocolate with breakfast and dinner. We loved that :) They also had a chocolate buffet one day which was great. We missed the late night Mexican buffet, but I am sure it was great.

Entertainment:

They have a comedy club on this ship which was a nice touch. They had four different comedians and each were funny. They also had a open mic night the last night which went really well. Honestly, skip the shows and go to the comedy club. We also loved karaoke, but were annoyed that they did the legends auditions almost every night. They should really schedule that separately just because if I heard Brittney Spears impersonated one more time, I would have jumped off of the ship.

The shows that they offer were honestly sub-par. I wasn't pleased with them, and will probably skip them on my next cruise. They should look into what NCL is doing and get blue man group or a real performance group. I did enjoy Edge the juggler but that was about it.

During the day there was plenty to do. We loved the adult only pool and spent most of our day there. We aren't one for art auctions or anything like that and honestly spent most of our day to ourselves.

Ports:

Belize was not worth it, but the other ports were great. We loved the Cayman's again, and enjoyed the beach. I would recommend doing your own tour since it is way cheaper than what the boat is going to charge you. I definitely enjoyed each stop though and Roatan I would go back to visit.

Overall:

Overall I had great experience. The staff always said hello, and I had a wonderful time. I had a bad experience last time, and Carnival turned this around. I never felt hounded to do anything or buy anything. May is a great time to go if you don't want to be around kids. Honesty I can't wait to go back Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Oceanview Main 2344

Large room, small bathroom, plenty of storage.