Carnival Glory Cruise Review by ssamuelc: Excellent Cruise on Glory

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Excellent Cruise on Glory

Sail Date: May 2010

We had a wonderful time on our Western Caribbean 7 day cruise that stopped in Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan, and Grand Cayman. This was my husband's and I 4th cruise and 2nd with Carnival.

Despite other members poor reviews on the food, we thought the food was excellent, served hot and better than food on the past cruise. Furthermore, there was a healthy supply of fresh vegetables and fruits which we enjoyed very much.

We enjoyed our shore excursions, my favorite being the Rio Wallace and Altun Ha. This was a great excursion to actually see a lot of wildlife on the river, get a good view of life in Belize and see the ruins. Our tour guide was very enthusiastic, interesting, knowlegeable, etc. We also went on the "Pirates, Monkeys, and Birds of the Caribbean tour" to Gumbalimba. Gumbalimba was really beautiful and playing with the monkeys was a lot of fun. At the end, there was time to spend at the beach at the park.

Also, we saw all the comedy shows on the More Glory. The comedians were really funny so I suggest you go to the comedy shows if that is your thing.

As for the rooms, we booked an Oceanview Cabin which was extremely nice and larger than any other cabin on our other cruises.

My only complaint was that they kept the common areas really cold so I suggest that, if you are like me and get cold easy, bring a nice sweatshirt or jacket. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Belize was really nice. We went on the Rio Wallace, Altun Ha tour. We saw many animals on the river including Manatee, Crocs, lots of Howler Monkeys, etc. Our tour guide was very enthusiastic about her country and the tour which made it nice. She was very knowlegeable about her tour. If you get car sick, take some dramamine because the bus ride to Altun Ha is very bumpy.

Most beautiful blue water we had ever seen. We did not take a shore excursion here but went to eat and drink at one of the restaurants need the pier. Keep in mind, this is a country with a lot of offshore banking and affluence. The price of lunch and drinks can be quite costly so bring more money than you expected.

(5.5)
Roatan is very pretty. We went to Gumbalimba. I would recommend this excursion. It was very fun and nice. After playing with the Monkey's and Parrots, you will have time to swim at the beach on site.

Read 1645 Roatan Reviews