Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by luvmysox1: Sky let me down

Sky let me down

Sail Date: May 2010
Destination: Bahamas

Embarkment

This went smooth. You were check in up front for cruise documentation and passports. They happily took your credit card information. They gave you your sea pass and group number to get on the ship. Porters were very helpful and friendly.

Ship

The ship was really pretty and large for the outside compared to some of my past cruises. Loved the outrigger in the aft of the ship. Definitely the prettiest place on the ship. Dazzles was to small for a ship w/ 2002 guests. Dinning room was nice looking but no water views. Pools and hot tubs were okay but could've been larger. Ping pong and Shuffle board available (that was fun). I did not use the Spa but looked very nice. Buffet was setup pretty weird in my opinion. Theater was very small and not enough seats especially if there was only one show. No leg room and polls everywhere blocking the view. Ship's hall carpets were dirty and pool deck table usually sticky.

Room

We stayed on More international deck 7, a superior interior room 7313. Nice and pretty room for 2 people, but 3 is a crowd here. The sofa pulls out to a bed, but in the way of everything and very low to the ground. Surprisingly quiet since it was real close to kids corner. Finding you cabin be a chore. It is set up like a maze.

Service was not very good on this ship. I never saw a room steward, but they must have existed because my bed was made. I got 2 towel animals throughout the cruise. The waitstaff was uninterested in us. They were more interested in talking and hanging on each. They left tables dirty and ash trays full (if you could find one, even designated areas). If you were not buying drinks, you were of know interest to them. I got a soda card, and walked up the bar myself. No big deal there. Dinning room was slow and caused us to miss a comedy show. Staff made some rude comments about those not drinking or where you could smoke. Now, we had great service on Stirrup Cays. The always filled you drink bucket with ice and many smile even with the heat.

Dinning Room

Buffet was pretty good for breakfast. I liked the omelet station and waffle station. You could only get ice cream 2:30 to 5:30 (while you were on port). Dinning room food was not good. Service was slow. We did not try any speciality restaurant because we didn't like dinning room. I thought it would worth the cash.

Ports of call

The itinerary was great. The weather was great. Loved the private island. Nice little party. Nassau has lots to buy, but spent the day at British Colonial Hilton beach pass. Well worth 40 pp, you get 30 in food and drinks. Just be a aware beer is 7.50 and mixed drink 9.50 (it goes fast). Very pretty resort and cool to look at all cruise boats lined up together. The water was prefect. Freeport you have take a taxi into town. Costs about 5 pp since the pack everyone in them. They have lots of shopping (straw market) and plenty of indepentent shore excursion companies cheaper then the ship. Be sure bring sunscreen.

Disembarkment Friday morning we got up and eat breakfast. We left our items in the stateroom. We returned to have our keys not work. They most already re-keyed them. They ended up letting us in but fussed about it. Off the ship by 10:00 am and never again on NCL (for me). Then on to Miami airport. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 7313

7313 was too small for 3 people. Pretty. Couldn't get safe to work. plenty of storage for 2 people.