Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by B-More Area Cruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by B-More Area Cruiser
Norwegian Dawn
Norwegian Dawn
Member Name: B-More Area Cruiser
Cruise Date: May 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: IE

The Dawn & NCL in general - way past time for renovations!
First, let me say that I've been an avid NCL fan since my first NCL Cruise on the Dawn about 6 years ago. I'm booked on my 10th cruise with them in July and have 4 more "Cruise Rewards" to utilize in the pipeline. On 5/2/10, myself and my partner embarked on the Dawn to Bermuda. I believe even before stepping foot on Deck 7 we were approached about buying something - and it never ended the entire cruise. They're relentless. NCL: If you need to make more $$$, raise your fares (even more) and stop inundating the passengers with requests to buy crap and spend money on board. Its ever so annoying.

The Dawn should have been refurbished 2 or 3 years ago and its beginning to be more obvious all the time. On 3 occasions, we had no COLD water in our cabin. Try even brushing your teeth with scalding water some time. The seats in the Stardust Theater need replacement... they're either broken or so uncomfortable, you feel as though you've been crippled by them when you attempt to stand up after the show. NCL is trying to cut back on entrees in the main dining rooms. I understand the Dawn is the guinea pig for this experiment. They now have only 3 changing entree options at dinner and NONE for lunch. You now have to pay to utilize the Spa Pool and hot tub - when it used to be free. They've obviously cut back on the cleaning of some common areas, such as doorway trim. You can see the grunge around the door handles. No wonder why I came down with upper respiratory infections while sailing on 2 of my last 3 NCL cruises this year.

NCL, if you read these things, get your act together, will ya. I don't care to have to return to Princess or RCI.

Publication Date: 05/11/10