Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by blueyesdm: Another great sailing onboard the Radiance!

blueyesdm
Member Since 2005
1,265 Posts

Compare Prices on Radiance of the Seas Mexican Riviera Cruises

Another great sailing onboard the Radiance!

Sail Date: April 2010
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: San Diego

We just returned from the 10 night Mexican Riviera cruise onboard our favorite ship, the Radiance. For being as old as she is, I think the ship is kept in great condition and we didn't notice any problems. This was my 10th and hubby's 11th cruise with RCI and they are our favorite cruise line.

We had a balcony room and our stateroom attendant was great. Didn't see him too much but he was always friendly when we did and would get the door for us. He also made some wonderful towel animals, always a plus! Thankfully, we had no plumbing problems but I have heard of others onboard this cruise that did.

The food was also good. We ate in the MDR most nights and tried My Time Dining for the first time and liked it. We were able to get the same table at the same time each night with our friends and have the same wait staff. Our waiter Sal from the Philippines was wonderful as well as his assistant. The head waiter was also great, one of the best we have ever had. He was More attentive and talked to our throughout our cruise. Quite often the head waiters wait until the last few days to introduce themselves but not this one.

The ports of call were good. I could do without Acapulco though. I found the people there to be very pushy and the city was just too crowded for me. I didn't feel safe either. Zihuatanejo was beautiful and our favorite port because of what a small quaint town it was and the people were nice.

It was another great cruise done by RCI and we were also lucky to be cruising with some fun new and old friends!! I am looking forward to our next cruise to Australia onboard the beautiful Radiance! Less

Read more Radiance of the Seas cruise reviews >>