Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by USA41018: GIVE ME LIBERTY AND LET ME CRUISE

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

GIVE ME LIBERTY AND LET ME CRUISE

Sail Date: May 2010

This was our 13th cruise with Carnival and I must say it was one of the best. It was a last minute cruise booked 2 weeks before sailing through our Carnival PVP who called because she thought we would like the price and itinerary.

Miami has always been our favorite port. Since we drive, we have had experience with entering the port as well as parking. My husband and I believe that Miami is the most organized and ranks at the top for ease of embarkation. It didn't let us down. We arrived at the port around 10:00. Our luggage was immediately taken by a porter and we parked directly across the street in the new parking garage. A short walk to the terminal. Since we are Platinum cruisers, we were led through security and shown to the lounge area for check-in. Around 11:15 we were advised that we could board. By 11:30, we were enjoying lunch in the Lido Buffet. Our cabin was ready by 1:30 and our luggage arrived shortly after. We had opted for an guarantee inside cabin and were More assigned one on the Main Deck. This was our second cruise on the Libery, and we enjoy the fresh look of the cabins and more space for toiletries in the bathroom.

After the safety drill, we set sail on time. One complaint was that all of the instructions as to life jackets and tender stations were repeated 4 times, once in English, French, Spanish and Dutch.

Our itinerary included Half Moon Cay (Carnival's private island), St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. We love this itinerary and it was one of the main reasons we did book so late. The weather was beautiful, warm and sunny. Half Moon Cay has the most beautiful beach in the world. Crystal clear water and powdery white sand makes you want to stay forever. More on the other ports below.

Since we booked at the last minute, we decided to skip the formal dinners in order to pack less. However, the dining on the other evenings was exceptional. The meals were prepared according to our requests in the MDR and the buffet meals on the Lido Deck were diverse and plentiful. My husband really enjoyed the Burrito Bar and I, the Mongolian Grill.

The service was also exceptional. Our Cabin Stewards were friendly and always addressed us by our names. Our cabin was always spotless. The dining team was professional and always available when needed during dinner. We had a couple of minor issues and spoke with the Purser's Desk. They were always pleasant and solved the issue immediately.

Our inside cabin 2466 was located aft on the Main Deck. This cabin was assigned to us since we had booked a guarantee inside. The cabin was beautiful, plenty of cupboard space for my husband and I but the cabin could accommodate 4 guests because it had 2 bunks in the ceiling. No hallway noise since we just 1 cabin from the aft end of the ship. No noise above since it was one of the Main Dining Rooms which closed after late dining. At times you could feel the engines running but my husband thought they lulled him to sleep. They didn't bother me. However, when the ship was docking or leaving the pier and the thrusters were being used, the whole cabin shook. At times, I thought the TV would fall off the stand. This woke us up in the morning and was not appreciated when docking was very early (before 7:00 am)

Unfortunately, we are not late night people, so we did not attend the nightly entertainment although I understand the shows are Vegas quality. We do enjoy playing the trivia, scattergories, and other games during the day and the "Fun Patrol" personnel were funny and entertaining.

All in all, the Liberty is a beautiful ship in great shape. No sign of wear and tear. My husband and I look forward to another cruise on her in the future. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Interior Main 2466

Grank Turk is a perfect beach day. Right off the end of the pier is a beautiful beach sitting alongside Margueritaville, actually the largest Margueritaville in the Caribbean. Shopping in plentiful at the Cruise Center. No need to leave the area. Everything to make a perfect port day is right there.

San Juan is our port for sightseeing, especially the forts and old buildings in Old San Juan. Right outside the terminal, we caught a taxi that took us on a tour of Old San Juan with stops at El Morro Fort and Cristobol Fort. We drove along the North Shore and finally stopped for shopping in Old San Juan, a short walk back to the pier. Those who preferred to return to the ship were driven back.

Read 1377 San Juan Reviews

St. Thomas has always been one of our favorite ports for shopping and beach time. This time we stuck more with the shopping and sightseeing than the beach. Getting around is easy. Alot of shopping is just a few steps from the ship. Taxis to downtown are plentiful and always available. In the past, we have visited St. John's Trunk Bay (beautiful) and Magan's Bay.

Read 2342 St. Thomas Reviews