Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by sarahc78

Celebrity Summit
Celebrity Summit
Member Name: sarahc78
Cruise Date: May 2010
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Supberb Summit Cruise!!!
We just got off the Summit yesterday May 9 2010. We had a FANTASTIC time! Best cruise so far! My husband and I are in our early 30's and have previously been on three cruises (all with Royal Caribbean) We found that Celebrity surpassed Royal Caribbean in all areas from food, entertainment, staff, etc... It was just a perfect trip ?

Embarkation: Slow and not very efficient. We arrived at Cape Liberty around noon, and after dropping off our luggage it took a little over an hour to go through the scanners, line to get checked in, and bused to the Summit. It was VERY hot inside the check in building, my husband and I both commented that we couldn't imagine what it would feel like to go through the whole process in August. But once we got onboard everything was fine ? Room- We booked a veranda cabin on the 6th floor cabin 6030. It was absolutely gorgeous! We have never had a veranda before and we loved it.

Food- The food was great overall. I preferred the food from the Main Dining room. I found at the Waterfall Buffet the food was good, but just not to my taste (a lot of ethnic food Indian, Oriental, etc...) they also offered pizza, sushi (which my husband loved!), and a pasta station those were tasty options. We ate at the specialty restaurant The Normandie twice and it was FANTASTIC! Well worth the $35 service fee.

Ship Overall- We found the ship to be in excellent condition. Everywhere we went on board someone was polishing, cleaning, painting, etc... The staff is doing and excellent job of keeping her looking great. Staff- Everyone was very accommodating and extremely pleasant. Our room steward was EXCELLENT, waiter and assistant waiter were great, and we just loved the bar staff on Deck 10 aft bar Ivan and crew were AMAZING!!!

Entertainment- We thought the entertainment on board was great. We only made it to a few of the productions but the ones we went to were very good. On the last day they held an Iron Chef competition and I was actually chosen to participate w/ the Executive Chef in a head to head cook off w/ the Head Chef of The Normandie. Our team won and it was so much fun and a moment I will never ever forget.

Bermuda- Just GORGEOUS!!! We fell in love with Bermuda!!! We brought our own snorkeling gear and saw a ton of beautiful fish at Horseshoe Bay and Tobacco Bay. We will definitely be going back to Bermuda, hopefully soon. Debarkation- We hated to leave ? but we had too lol. It was a little slow again and we found that some of the guest were a little rude trying to get off the ship (pushing, trying to cut in line, etc...) One woman actually refused to move over two steps so my husband could get one the bus w/ his luggage. Luckily we managed to squeeze him in.

Overall: An Excellent trip and we LOVED Celebrity and can't imagine cruising another line!

Publication Date: 05/11/10