Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by jackretired

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by jackretired
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: jackretired
Cruise Date: May 2010
Embarkation: Norfolk
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Enchantment Of The Seas, More good than bad.
Review

Ship Name: Enchantment Of The Seas Departure Port: Norfolk, Virginia  Ports of Call: Norfolk, Virginia; Kings Wharf, Bermuda Sail Date: May 1, 2010

Over all this was a good trip. We had a handicapped accessible cabin deck 2, inside (just about as cheap as they come). Pleasantly surprised by the cabin. It was much bigger and nicer than I was prepared for.

While on board we booked another cruise on Enchantment Of The Seas for 2011.

Day one, late departing Norfolk. I think that was not the fault of the cruise line. Late leaving Bermuda. I think that was not the fault of the cruise line. Arrived on time in Norfolk, but late in getting off the boat. I think that was not the fault of the cruise line.

Almost all of the crew were great. Several had accents that made them hard to understand.

The first thing that I did was tell the cabin steward he would get a bonus if he kept my ice bucket full. He exchanged my ice bucket for a larger one. He kept it filled; I gave him a bonus.

The food overall was good, but not great. My standards are very high.

Our assistant waiter, in the main dining room, did not hardly say a word to us. Did not keep water glasses full and did not keep the bread coming.

We ate at the main dining room or the buffet, depending upon our schedule. Food, again was good, but not great. We ate all 3 meals at each location, at least once. Breakfast in the main dinning room had a very good cereal/fruit bar, mix your own. Lunch in the main dining room had a very good salad bar, build your own. Dinner entries in the main dining room were small. Several times I ordered 2 of them. Lots of smoked salmon at breakfast and lunch, and sometimes at dinner. I like smoked salmon. Had some unidentified fried fish on the buffet that was not good. Had some tempura shrimp & fish in the main dining room that was very good. We shared one piece of pizza in the Solarium, the crust was not thin but taste was OK.

The hot tub in the Solarium, was not very hot.

We did the fountain soda package. My wife did not like the taste of the diet fountain. One time the fountain was not working and we got a can of diet coke. Wife liked that better. She will not do this package on our next cruise. No choice for diet drinks.

Only used the main pool twice. The first time I had the crew help me out with their chair. That was a half hour process that involved 3 men and 2 women to figure out how to use their equipment. The next time I used the ladder and did not hurt myself. Again, I have limited mobility.

The shows were good. I liked the comedies better than the singer.

I played a lot of Blackjack in the casino. I won.

We had 2 days in port. The first one we did a private tour that I had arranged. Special handicapped van with tie downs for my power chair The second day we stayed on board and had no kids or crowd in the main pool. Nice quite day.

In my power chair, Enchantment Of The Seas was easier to get around in than the Monarch Of The Seas.

Things I packed and did not need: Power Strip

Things that I packed, and was glad I did: Sun tan lotion Hat Swim suit. Power Chair Money An extra bag for purchases and final day's clothes Passport Sun Glasses Book

Things I did not pack, but maybe I should have: Room air freshener. Crystal Light Lemonade to go

Publication Date: 05/10/10