Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by crusin fools

Norwegian Jewel
Member Name: crusin fools
Cruise Date: April 2010
Cabin Category: BA
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

THE JEWEL OF THE CARIBBEAN
We have always booked cruises leaving the NYC area since we are not fond of flying. However, this cruise looked very interesting and we couldn't pass it up..So we flew down to Miami the same day as the cruise. It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be but we still don't like flying.Anyway,embarkation was all right especially since we were Latitudes members with a balcony so our line was a lot shorter.Since we knew that our cabin would not be ready we headed to Tsars for lunch and met some of our CC buddies...

The balcony was roomy enough for us.We usually unpack my luggage and keep DH's on the sofa..Our room was kept very clean by Jill and her partner, which I forgot his name. Both of them were very friendly and would stop to talk to us and see how our day was. We always give an extra tip to the cabin stewards because they deserve the most.They even had towel creatures to meet us every night

CC MEET AND GREET- the M&G was wonderful since we had about 150 people. We met Captain Costas, Hotel Director, John O'Hara (Yes Mrs.O'Hara, he was wonderful and couldn't do enough for us...EXT 8888!!!) Cruise Director, Iain, the Comedian, Tim and others...I must say that for 13 days you always saw all of them around the ship. If you said hi, they would stop to talk to you...I even saw the Captain shopping in the Duty Free shop...I love when the staff is visible to the passengers. it make good Customer relations

DINNERS::

I am not going to get into detail since we thought all the dinners were very good. We did eat at Cagneys, Mama's Chin Chin, Blue Lagoon Garden Buffet and both dining rooms. the only problem we had was the second time we ate at Mama's. We were with other CC members and told the waiter that we had to be out by 9 but we were still eating at that time.Even though it tasted good, my pork saltimboca did not have a piece of prosciutto on it. DH seafood pasta didn't have any taste to it either. With that in mind, the next day we got a call from the Restaurant manager, who apologized for the service and the food. She then gave us a bottle of wine and a free meal in any speciality restaurant we would like. I though that was very generous. We have to say that our favorite was Chin Chin for a specialty restaurant.

SHOWS: I am surprised that there weren't any more Jean Ryan shows on this cruise, especially since it was for 13 days. We did like the comedian Tim, Matilda, and Cirque Bijiou..Of course the crew's talent show was great and so was the "FOUNTAINS"...but all the other's were only ok...nothing special...

POOL AREA: Now this is where I have a lot to say...like on so many other ships there are those deck chair hogs that spread their towels on the chair..but I never seen it as bad as it was on this ship...there was a group of passengers from Russia that would be up at 6 am to commandeer deck chairs on 2 sides of the pool. I even saw a man who saved a chair just for his bag...no one ever sat in it but his bag..I witnessed an elderly woman go to one side of the pool pick up her cover up from a chair and then come back to the other side and sit in another chair, leaving the other chair with just a towel on it. I truly believe that crew members should be able to clock the time that the chairs are vacant. I was told one day that I can let the crew member know when an hour was up on this particular chair and he would remove the towel. I did not feel it was up to me to do that but for them to keep an eye out

PASSENGERS: The majority of the passengers on the ship were pleasant and friendly.I met many wonderful people on this cruise. However, the Europeans and the French Canadians were very rude and nasty.Just because they THINK they can wear a speedo or a bikini doesn't make them special..I had a few comments made about me that weren't very nice and upset me very much.

Publication Date: 05/10/10